librtmp.dll
Any chance of anyone being able to compile the 2.4 version in this link for me?

https://github.com/K-S-V/Scripts/downloads

Someone on another forum, not sure if I'm allowed to mention it so I wont, has fixed the liveonlinefooty add on, but it needs this librtmp.dll to work, just wondering if anyone could help with this?

Big Grin Cheers
I hope not. You better start beeing a team worker and get these librtmp developers to add the fix into their code and release a official version. When this happens we will happily update the version in XBMC (fixing all these rtmp issues on all platforms not only iOS). But we need an official release from the librtmp developers. With everything else you are on your own.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Is asking for someone to help out with a new compile a no-no?

Agreed we need the librtmp dev's to start getting their patches into an official version, but that's a bit beyond our control and who knows how long that will take

Best thing we can do in the interim as a community is try to keep up with latest patches by helping compile for others to use, many sites are now requiring patches only available in the 2.4 version.. I believe justin.tv is one of them along with liveonlinefooty, not sure of others
(2012-07-04, 22:55)Eldorado Wrote: Is asking for someone to help out with a new compile a no-no?

Agreed we need the librtmp dev's to start getting their patches into an official version, but that's a bit beyond our control and who knows how long that will take

Best thing we can do in the interim as a community is try to keep up with latest patches by helping compile for others to use, many sites are now requiring patches only available in the 2.4 version.. I believe justin.tv is one of them along with liveonlinefooty, not sure of others

It's certainly not forbidden, but sometimes it gets a bit old. It does give me an idea, though. It would probably be a good idea if we made a page on the XBMC Wiki that lists known compiled versions for the various OSes, as well as a list of people who are willing to do builds (and don't mind being contacted about it). That way we have a centralized location for these inquiries.
That would be a good idea! I can imagine it does get old after a few times

Hopefully there are some out there who can do various OS builds for us until the rtmp dev's can get their stuff in order

Edit - Perhaps this link will be useful - http://www.davideccher.com/blog/wordpres...p-for-ios/
Just been reading quite a bit over at stream-recorder.com where KSV is doing all the latest 'unofficial' patches for rtmpdump

Since it appears the original project has been abandoned as no updates since 2010, am I out of line to ask if it's reasonable for XBMC to move to start pulling in KSV's builds?

I can't find a link to KSV's git, but here is where svnpenn is mirroring - https://github.com/svnpenn/rtmpdump
Alright, made a basic page, but haven't filled everything out yet: librtmp (wiki)

Feel free to add anything directly, or mention links to me if you're unsure of how to add them, etc (or feel free to ask me for any wiki-editing help).
made a general thread for it too: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=135410
Thanks Ned, very much appreciated for doing this!

So I asked the question of including KSV's patches into the official builds and the answer was basically a no due to a couple reasons

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/showpos...stcount=32

If anyone is reading that can chime in on my previous suggestion - can XBMC change to start including these unofficial builds as they are actively being updated?
It sounds like the RTMPdump people are hard to work with.

I suppose some kind of add-on could be made to check a url for updates, download a new librtmp, and jam it in. I'd imagine that librtmp would eventually become a binary add-on, once we have those. Then again, I don't know much about the nitty-gritty technical details, or what kind of side effects this would have on XBMC over-all.

As for the default and/or what comes out with a stable XBMC release, the Team has made it clear that the sane approach to developing XBMC is to only include libraries that are stable, so there's less of them chasing down bugs that turn out to be in the lib instead of in XBMC (as well as bugs effecting other areas of XBMC).

For whatever reason, RTMPdump people don't want to review/push out stable releases very often.
We are in debian know - we need to rely on official versions (which have to be available in debian/ubuntu aswell). We did pull once a non released source for nfs. I'm still crying about it because PPA maintainers keep building eden against the wrong (newer stable) version of libnfs which results in not working nfs support in that situations.

So as already clarified by Ned just to emphasise it - we have learned a lesson on such things.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Fair enough, though I've seen posts from the librtmp maintainers saying that the end-users didn't "deserve" to have updates, etc. Having done some dev work, I can understand the frustration that comes from whiney users, but they seem to take it to a new level. So for those hoping to have official version bumps, don't hold your breath.

I think a fair solution would be to have an add-on that will search for updated builds of librtmp and install them. Other addons that make heavy use of librtmp could require this updater to be installed.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1141811

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp.dll 0