AppleTV 2 (black) - Upgrading from 11.0-3 to 11.0-4?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
atv2jber Offline

I was going to post this in the "AppleTV 2 (black) Eden for ATV2 running iOS 5.1" thread but it's closed.

I'm confused if I should care about the release of 11.0-4 as there are no new features, but I'm not sure if there are any bug fixes.

Is there any point in upgrading my ATV2s that are running iOS 5 from Eden 11.0-3 to 11.0-4?

Regards.
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Non-Serving Developer
Where did you see 11.0-4? We didn't push it to cydia yet? *wonders*

For clarification. If you don' thave issues with 11.0-3 - then there is nothing different for you. 11.0-3 is Eden incl. iOS5 support build by me (which has crash issues with smb shares for some users) - 11.0-4 is the same but build from our official buildbot (its supposed not to have these crash issues).

Thats all

11.0 will allways be the same the numbers after the "-" are only build revisions.

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Wiki Guy
Oops, that was probably my fault. I saw 11.0-4 listed in the apt directory (but had not checked the packages file that apt-get/cydia pulls from), so I updated the wiki instructions. I see that it's there now, though.

Full disclosure: I work for WeTek. However, this is my personal account, and my words and opinion are my own.

You can make easy links to the Kodi Wiki Manual using double brackets around common Kodi words: [[debug log]] = debug log (wiki), [[Video library]] = Video library (wiki), [[SMB]] = SMB (wiki) , [[userdata]] = userdata (wiki), etc
find quote
Memphiz Offline
Non-Serving Developer
finally Wink

AppleTV2/iPhone/iPod: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for XBMC: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
find quote
bfly Offline
So is the cydia version correct? I was going to install it but get the "WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!" message:

Code:
root# apt-get upgrade -V
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
   cydia (1.0.3366-1 => 1.1.6)
The following packages will be upgraded:
   org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (11.0-3 => 11.0-4)
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 45.0MB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? n
E: Some packages could not be authenticated
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Wiki Guy
It should be safe. I can't remember if it has always said that. I think it's because we don't have one of those .pub apt-keys for the Team XBMC apt-get/cydia repo.

Full disclosure: I work for WeTek. However, this is my personal account, and my words and opinion are my own.

You can make easy links to the Kodi Wiki Manual using double brackets around common Kodi words: [[debug log]] = debug log (wiki), [[Video library]] = Video library (wiki), [[SMB]] = SMB (wiki) , [[userdata]] = userdata (wiki), etc
find quote