Wall view options?
Hello all XBMC lovers. I'm a relative newb, but catching on pretty quickly for the most part. I love the Aeon Nox skin more than any others and by a pretty substantial margin! BUT.....the wall views (movies and music/album cover art) seem unnecessarily busy, though I realize that is a highly subjective opinion and in no way meant as a criticism. But there is just a lot of "stuff" around the cover art that I would like to see go away in favor of a clean-lined movie poster. I cannot find any way to alter the wall view that would impact this particular skin/design choice. Does anyone know if you can get your 'wall' to look different in the way that I'm describing?

Thanks to all the XBMC developers for making XBMC the best media front end available!
already talked about that shortly some time ago with bn. will come perhaps in the future (so it works the same as the new "infopanel" viewtype), but probably not for 3.5.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-07-05, 20:48)phil65 Wrote: already talked about that shortly some time ago with bn. will come perhaps in the future (so it works the same as the new "infopanel" viewtype), but probably not for 3.5.

Ok, thanks I'll look forward to that. Second newb question is every movie I have when in InfoPanel has a description that reads *Hidden to prevent spoilers* How do I get a description of the movie. I own them, I don't need to avoid spoilers Smile
(2012-07-05, 20:54)CaptainStereo Wrote:
(2012-07-05, 20:48)phil65 Wrote: already talked about that shortly some time ago with bn. will come perhaps in the future (so it works the same as the new "infopanel" viewtype), but probably not for 3.5.

Ok, thanks I'll look forward to that. Second newb question is every movie I have when in InfoPanel has a description that reads *Hidden to prevent spoilers* How do I get a description of the movie. I own them, I don't need to avoid spoilers Smile

xbmc setting. you can toggle that somewhere in the settings.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-07-05, 20:58)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-05, 20:54)CaptainStereo Wrote:

xbmc setting. you can toggle that somewhere in the settings.

Ok, newb alert. I found the setting. Thanks.
option for fullscreen wall is now on GIT.
(2012-07-06, 15:54)phil65 Wrote: option for fullscreen wall is now on GIT.

Just as soon as I figure out what a GIT is, I'm sure that will be awesome Wink
(2012-07-06, 19:17)CaptainStereo Wrote:
(2012-07-06, 15:54)phil65 Wrote: option for fullscreen wall is now on GIT.

Just as soon as I figure out what a GIT is, I'm sure that will be awesome Wink

OK, I give. What's GIT and how do I get a GIT to utilize this new feature (as all the XBMC vets roll their eyes and sigh deeply)?
GIT is a very simple and effective way of collaborative work it took me 3 months to figure out! Big Grin

The easiest way is to go here: here, and press where it says ZIP to download the latest zipped Aeon Nox folder (direct link here: here). Just move it and extract it in C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\, overwriting the original Nox, and that's it.
Bear with me guys. I've done the above (thank you BTW), but I don't see any different options in the wall view. Besides extracting the file in the add-ons folder, is there something else I need to do to get the newest version to take? Thanks again.
(2012-07-06, 20:24)CaptainStereo Wrote: Bear with me guys. I've done the above (thank you BTW), but I don't see any different options in the wall view. Besides extracting the file in the add-ons folder, is there something else I need to do to get the newest version to take? Thanks again.

This may be too obvious but whenever you make any changes to Nox with regards to GIT or a mod, restart XBMC for the changes to take effect. Wink
(2012-07-06, 20:24)CaptainStereo Wrote: Bear with me guys. I've done the above (thank you BTW), but I don't see any different options in the wall view. Besides extracting the file in the add-ons folder, is there something else I need to do to get the newest version to take? Thanks again.

make sure to remove the old skin.aeon.nox folder, it won´t work when havin two skins with same id in addons folder.
(2012-07-06, 20:41)Deano316 Wrote:

This may be too obvious but whenever you make any changes to Nox with regards to GIT or a mod, restart XBMC for the changes to take effect. Wink

You are correct, that is indeed obvious! Smile And I did restart XBMC and my computer. I'm not seeing any different options in the wall view than were there before. Sorry I'm being such a pain. I want to learn!
(2012-07-06, 20:50)phil65 Wrote:

make sure to remove the old skin.aeon.nox folder, it won´t work when havin two skins with same id in addons folder.

It may just be that I'm an idiot and beyond hope, but when I deleted that folder, leaving only the new folder installed as described earlier, when I restarted XBMC, it defaulted to Confluence and Aeon Nox wasn't an option. I reinstalled Aeon Nox and all was well, but I'm still clearly not getting the new edition. I actually know my way around computers ok, but I am nowhere near the level of the developers or of many of the power users. Sorry for all the questions, and thank you for the patience and the help.
make sure that the new folder you downloaded from git isn´t packed in another folder.
you need to have /addons/yourdownloadedfolder/addon.xml, otherwise it won´t recognize the skin.
(2012-07-06, 21:14)phil65 Wrote: make sure that the new folder you downloaded from git isn´t packed in another folder.
you need to have /addons/yourdownloadedfolder/addon.xml, otherwise it won´t recognize the skin.

Here are the folders that exist in my add-ons folder, exactly as they appear.

BigNoid-Aeon-Nox-eeb1657

skin.aeon.nox

When I delete the skin.aeon.nox folder leaving just the BigNoid... folder, when I restart XBMC, Aeon Nox ceases to be an available skin that's enabled. What's the hitch?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wall view options?0