[REQUEST] TV Series Promo Addon
I mentioned this some time back, but I finally decided to make an official request. Is it possible for someone to make an addon which will allow users to play series promos from a series' video info screen (exactly the same as the trailer button works for movies)? I know what some of you are thinking; "if I download a series, then I must know what it's about". Well that would be true if the person downloading everything in a household was the only one viewing the content. Also, people these days tend to download shows to view at a later date (I for one have well over 600 series, mostly anime) and it's really hard to remember what each one is about after acquiring them years back. I don't think it's something too difficult to do and hopefully someone will take it upon themselves to make such an addon.
+1 for this idea... the only downside to these nice commercial-free episodes is that I never know whats coming out (new series and when the next seasons start...) this would be nice
This would be a good idea maybe even if it was just linked to YouTube or something to find a promo to stream

When I have friends or family over and they are going through my show collection looking for something to watch it is a little tiring having to explain the plot of each show when they ask what it is about I can just tell them how to view promos
and there i was thinking you were talking about something else.
what i was wondering is the possibility of having the upcoming episode\season trailer\promo via tv shows libary or through tv guide
i like protocol77's idea. hadn't even thought of using the Youtube addon to stream the promo. that's a great idea. and alternatively, we can have an option for the addon the play locally saved promos too (maybe play the promo.avi or seriesname-promo.avi file from the main series folder). it really is annoying to have to explain to ppl what every series in ur collection is about.

HallucinogeN's idea is a good one too, but it may prove a bit more difficult to do. but i don't think it's impossible.
Yeah, before there was someone that started making an addon to play commercials in between things etc, really loved the idea, sadly don't think it was developed much further, i like watching commercials specially ones outside of my country to see what's new etc.

Anyway here is the project page in case anyone wants to see if it can be useful for this idea.

http://code.google.com/p/lordindy-xbmc/
so, anyone remotely interested in making this happen?
(2012-07-28, 16:02)Shinu Wrote: so, anyone remotely interested in making this happen?

Interesting idea shinu I suppose you could work it like tv tunes on opening tv show it plays the promo video
Not being a coder I wouldnt know where to start though
Maybe even someho modifying nfo to point to link on the web (like movies point to trailers)
Anyway just my 2 cents I hope someone gives you the help you need
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
hmmm. still no interest? Sad
I have an interest just not the knowledge to make it happen hopefully an experienced addon coder can put something together
(2012-09-05, 19:29)protocol77 Wrote: I have an interest just not the knowledge to make it happen hopefully an experienced addon coder can put something together

yeah, getting a coder to jump in is the real issue. thx for the support tho.
This might help.

http://www.youtube.com/user/televisionpromos
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
+1 for this request

While I have my favorite shows, I would like to see promos or commercials for new series that are coming up. Also, there are also many "specials" that are not associated with any particular show. It would be nice to know what I can look forward to seeing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] TV Series Promo Addon0