Win XBMC hangs when turning on/off the TV while playing media.
Hey guys! First off, I love XBMC, it's an amazing piece of software, can't believe the amount of time beeing put into it!

I'm running XBMC Eden on Windows 7 x64 and I have some problems that XBMC hangs whenver something (music or video) is playing and i turn off/on the TV.

I have the HTPC connected to a Onkyo 606 reciever via HDMI, and then the reciever to my TV via HDMI.

Here's a scenario.

I control my HTPC with my android tablet and I sometimes put on some music without turning the TV on, it works good, the music plays.

But if I decide that I want to see a movie and turn the TV on while the music is playing, XBMC hangs.

If I stop the media and then turn the TV on, it's fine.

It's the other way around as well..

If a movie is running and I turn the TV off and then try to play a song, XBMC hangs.

What could be causing this, I suppose it has something to do with the audio having to reinitialize or something like that?

Here's my log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4732

Has no one else experienced this? It continues to cause problems for me, dunno know what to do.

Sounds like a Handshaking issue, others have complained about HTCP when there is a receiver in the mix. It usually works well when connected directly to your TV if it's video (a fix most of the time, although some do have issues with certain varieties of TV's too) and it sounds like audio directly to your receiver is not an issue unless there's an expectation of handshaking. I suspect it comes down to the fact that at one point a handshake signal is sent to the panel and requires acknowledgement, the panel returns but is buffered by the receiver, and doesn't give a reply or a reply in a timely manner.

I've read some have found workarounds, (you might have to go back to component cables) perhaps a Google search might cast a light on this issue for you.
Check you receiver settings for an option like "Amp+Tv". It tells the receiver to feed the audio through to the TV as well as playing on the receiver. Maybe it's locking because it can't see the TV anymore.
I think i had a similar problem but my setup went
HTPC -> HDMI Switch -> TV.

My solution was to have my Logitech Harmoney stop playback as one of the macros it runs when i either change sources or turn off the TV.
Hasnt frozen on me since.
Its easy to do but you will either need a Harmoney Report or something that interacts with your HTPC when you change sources or turn off the TV.
I am having the same problem. It was working fine a few weeks ago and I haven't changed anything :S

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC hangs when turning on/off the TV while playing media.0