OUYA - Android based open game console hardware platform and XBMC?
(2012-08-08, 03:37)RGB_Gamer Wrote: Will the Ouya controller suppirt Android games withthe tilt feature?I play games such as Homerun Battle 2 that need the tilt feature

probably best to ask the ouya people I would think we currently have no inside information at all
so any idea how well this will play 1080p? or should I stick with 720p
This could be the perfect Live TV unit for my bedrooms! I run an MP TV Server and if this supports 1080i H.264 interlaced stuff fine, then with the PVR addons and XBMC this would be awesome! Cheap enough to justify buying one...
Great news! I now hope that XBMC will be more than just one of many media player apps on the OUYA.

What with the app launcher code now being added to the Android port of XBMC and its flexible GUI engine, XBMC could be used as the default menu interface for everything on the OUYA, or at least as its default media player.

Hopefully the OUYA, and XBMC on the OUYA, will be a success as both could the later be used as a Smart TV platform for more devices as envisioned by OUYA's CEO.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vie...V-Chipsets

The realist in me however believe that they will need a lot more money than $8,5 millions to make all of happen.
I just found out about OUYA today and I am so excited. By the time it comes out, XBMC for android should easily be complete (I hope). I could care less about gaming at this point. I just want my XBMC in an inexpensive box not made by apple (who I hate). The completely open design is the greatest thing ever. I will be buying 2 so I can take one apart with no worries.

I have heard reports that the OUYA will be copied and outsold by other companies and the open design will kill it in the end because other companies will copy it and make it cheaper, but I don't see any major corporation (especially apple) making a box that was meant to be hacked. If they do, even if OUYA is a failure, then we all win.

I haven't been as excited about a home electronics device since the NES broke the 8-bit barrier.
dev units will start shipping on the scheduled date of December 28th

http://www.ouya.tv/the-ouya-dev-console-giveaway/
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-5755...ping-soon/
Hello.

I'm asking me, if i should buy one... maybe someone can help me.

Is the development of progressed so far that it can be used on an Ouya?
Is the Ouya ready to stream TV from my Server (at present VDR) an generally play in a good quallity?
Is it possible to use a remote over the USB-Port (like the MS-Mediacenter-Remote i try to use at present)?

Thanks for your answers.
(2013-01-09, 13:35)RatRex Wrote: Hello.

I'm asking me, if i should buy one... maybe someone can help me.

Is the development of progressed so far that it can be used on an Ouya?
Is the Ouya ready to stream TV from my Server (at present VDR) an generally play in a good quallity?
Is it possible to use a remote over the USB-Port (like the MS-Mediacenter-Remote i try to use at present)?

Thanks for your answers.

At the moment I haven't seen any videos or forum posts about it. XBMC for android doesn't even support hardware acceleration as of yet. But the XBMC devs probably have got their dev-ouyas and they have about 3 months to fine tune it. And considering they announced that XBMC will support ouya they probably will prioritize it. One thing I'm worried about is whether it will support 24p.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA - Android based open game console hardware platform and XBMC?2