Movie list
I have found that my movie list is taking 6-7 seconds to show up when I open it. I have 301 movies in it currently, so I understand the issue. I'm running MySQL serving three XBMC clients, but the database response time is not an issue.

Would it be possible to add optional paging for the movie list? i.e. load 50 per page or something like that?
I can guarantee that the database response time IS the issue, as a local database would be far faster. The Debug Log will show you what is going on, as per usual.

And no, we're not going to add optional paging.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'll fire up the debug log this afternoon and see exactly what the SQL response time is. Thanks.
Here is the relevant part of the debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4858

I went to the "movies" list right at 10:25. I snipped everything out after I escaped from the movie list.

Isn't this the line that indicates how long the query took?

10:25:01 T:2260 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 157 ms for 301 items query: select * from movieview
Yes but that's only the time spent in the MySQL database. The actual problem is the time it takes to transfer those results over your network from the server running MySQL back to the computer running XBMC. Looking at the difference in time between line 11 and 12 in your log output you can see that this process takes 5 seconds.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I tested this phenomenon on the same computer with 1) wired gigabit 2) Wifi G 3) Wifi N 5Ghz

With wired, it takes a second to enter list (I have >700 movies), on 5Ghz N, it takes about 2 seconds and on G it takes 3-5 seconds depending on signal strength.

That was with local thumbnails (synced through dropbox)

When I tried it on wifi G with thumbs on a network share, it took up to 7-8 seconds to enter. That's when I decided to keep thumbs local but in sync.
I guess I'm okay with the time. It might take a few seconds, but the system works great.

I host the thumbs on the same server, via a share that is accessed via symlink. It did work a little bit faster with the thumbs local, but not enough of a difference to keep them local and find another way to sync them.

I'm happy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie list0