multiple computer (very noob question)
so im learning this wonderful program, and the gears are turning for my whole house media network. just to give you an idea of where i am, i have figured out that i have to name each tv show with a certain number format (either 101 for season 1 ep 1, or S01E01), and ive got it up and running on once computer, with most of my files names and loaded, but thats about it.

did a little searching and found nothing, but im not sure what im searching for.

so my basic question, if i have all my media on one computer, and want to have XBMC running on another computer, is there a way i can access the "library" on the main computer without building it from scratch on the new one.

i read someone else say in a post, xbmc is a media center, not a media server, but i want to eventually have a Raspberry Pi on every tv in the house running xbmc, and when i add something to the library on the main computer, for it to automatically update on all the boxes.

i think the answer is, keep all the files in the same folder, add them, make sure they are named properly, and just click update on each box running xbmc, but im hoping im overlooking something
You should organize the files as per the wiki and store them on a central file "server." Either a NAS, server or a PC accesible by all other "clients". You can either have each instance of XBMC have its own libraries or install mySQL on a PC or server and use that as a central library for all the clients to connect to. Read up in the Wiki about a shared library using mySQL.
thanks, i didnt even know what keywords to search for, ill look into mysql, but if anyone else want to offer any more info to my lack of a desire to search for info myself feel free =)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple computer (very noob question)0