[Solved] xbmc scanning wrong fanart
http://pastebin.com/mFRA79HF

As you can see by the image, XBMC scans everything correctly except for the fanart. All the movies on this folder have the same fanart. This folder contains only movies.
This hard drive has only 2 folders and it only scans the wrong fanart for "HD Movies 2". I am using TheMovieDB by the way.

Y:\HD Movies 2
Y:\3D Movies

It scans correctly for the "3D Movies" folder:

Everything was scanning correctly on XBMC 11.0 but I updated to XBMC 12.0 Alpha 2 and that's when I noticed this problem.
I uninstalled XBMC, I restarted my computer, I made sure that C:\Program Files\XBMC no longer existed and that C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC no longer existed.
I installed the newest nightly "build 7600. Built on Jul 8 2012 (compiler 1600)" and I still get the same problem.

Update: I repeated the previous steps and I installed XBMC 11.0 and I get this problem there as well now...

Any ideas? Sad
Most likely as you've set the "Movies in separate folders named like the movie" wrong.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-12, 10:07)jmarshall Wrote: Most likely as you've set the "Movies in separate folders named like the movie" wrong.

The movies don't have their separate folders.

This is how I have my folders setup yet the only folder scanning wrong is "HD Movies 2". I had never had this problem before and this is is always how I had everything setup.

X:\HD Movies
X:\Movies
X:\TV Shows
Y:\3D Movies
Y:\HD Movies 2
Z:\HD Movies 3

I just tried scanning this folder on a different pc and the same thing happens. It's running XBMC Alpha 3 Compiled June 5 2012. Even on this second pc this had never happened before...

What could be causing this?
What jmarshall is referring to is the scraper setting for that folder. In XBMC go to videos\files and highlite that source folder. Bring up the context menu and choose set content. Make sure the option he mentioned above is OFF.
(2012-07-12, 23:01)kricker Wrote: What jmarshall is referring to is the scraper setting for that folder. In XBMC go to videos\files and highlite that source folder. Bring up the context menu and choose set content. Make sure the option he mentioned above is OFF.

Oh...
Yeah, it's off.

And there's no fanart.jpg in the folder?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-13, 01:15)jmarshall Wrote: And there's no fanart.jpg in the folder?

No, only movies.
Is you log in he OP from a new scan of the source that causes this issue?

If not could you:

Remove the source also removing those items from the library. Then run a clean on the library then visually confirm they are gone. Finally turn on debuging and add the source, set the content and scan. Post a link to that log.
(2012-07-13, 02:25)kricker Wrote: Is you log in he OP from a new scan of the source that causes this issue?

If not could you:

Remove the source also removing those items from the library. Then run a clean on the library then visually confirm they are gone. Finally turn on debuging and add the source, set the content and scan. Post a link to that log.

Here it is:
http://pastebin.com/mZ9WDTsU
I just checked the "HD Movies 2" folder again and saw that there was indeed fanart.jpgs, I don't know if they were there before and I missed them or if they just weren't showing up before. I deleted them and rescanned, everything is scanning perfectly again. Thanks for the help guys and sorry for wasting your time.
Awesome. I did not even have to pour through the log. Glad it is fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] xbmc scanning wrong fanart1