• 6(current)
Solved 64bit XBMC
Kodi 18 may be the first Kodi in a few cycles where I'll be all over the Alpha and Beta builds to test them out. Not been like that since I was needing multi-threaded 10bit h.264 and HEVC support in the first place. Smile
Any chance to test that x64 build Paxxi is working on?
No
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
If it's being rolled into Kodi 18, then it'll be in nightlies an alphas in not too long, assuming it works enough to be in there.
Can't wait Smile
Maybe someone can confirm this for me i have been trouble shooting a issue i have with kodi with 2160p x265.HEVC.10bit encoded movies, im pretty sure it has to do with kodi being 32bit as a video playback is very choppy and un-watchable, the same file works fine in MP-HC 64bit as well as VLC 64bit
I had the same problem problem with 32bit vlc until i installed the 64bit version. this leads me to believe kodi needs to be 64bit to support these formats internally, untill then i have configured kodi to launch a external player.
unless you have a gfx card capable of hardware decoding, there is no solution on windows atm. Try on linux if you can.
For those looking forward to 64bit to improve HEVC 4K performance, while not nearly as good as a 64bit implimentation of FFMPEG like seen in other players, I'm certianly seeing a marked improvement having moved up to 17 RC2. The HEVC 10bit 4K 24fps file that previously left 16.1 dropping frames and the audio desyncing up to 4000ms but it now seems to be -just- enough hardware to get the job done on even the most extraneous scenes. Of course, this says nothing of 60fps which is a slide show (But a slightly FASTER slide show!). That said, I say 'just enough hardware' when referring to an i7 3770K running at 4.3ghz, I imagine my build is less than typical of a lot of users hardware. (What can I say? I had some spare parts after rebuilding my desktop with a 4930K. Big Grin)
ahh thats what it is, my 980 ti only has partial HEVC support, vlc 64bit is using software decoding, but the 64bit version is only using about 80% cpu utilization, the 32bit version as well as kodi its 100% and un-playable. no problem 1080 ti is right around the corner, time to upgrade
Finally we got a first test build for Windows x64.

It can be downloaded at http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win64/, but be careful as this hasn't been tested much yet.
from the packages size it looks like the binary add-ons are missing. I'm just mentioning it so that testers won't be surprised.
Just tried this - portable install on an old thinkpad x61.
First observations:
windows 7 - doesn't start, I had an appcrash message from windows. If you'd like logs from that I can post them, just tell me what's wanted. Or maybe it's not intended for win7?
Same (near asdammit) hardware but with windows 10 - opens cleanly to estuary. First thing I did was to try to go into settings, but I get a blank screen - presumably skin issue? I looked in the repo, 2 skins available. i installed rapier which left me with a black screen when I tried to go back to the home screen, so I had to kill the process manually. Restarted and rapier loaded correctly. Now I can get into settings!
Played about, tried some videos, looks great.
Edit: if by binary you mean pvr they're there - checked dvbviewer, working fine.
(2017-02-24, 13:45)trogggy Wrote: windows 7 - doesn't start, I had an appcrash message from windows. If you'd like logs from that I can post them, just tell me what's wanted. Or maybe it's not intended for win7?
Also have noticed that, but if I select run kodi in the installer it starts.
Logfile would be nice. Don't forget to enable debug logging.

(2017-02-24, 13:45)trogggy Wrote: First thing I did was to try to go into settings, but I get a blank screen - presumably skin issue? I looked in the repo, 2 skins available. i installed rapier which left me with a black screen when I tried to go back to the home screen, so I had to kill the process manually. Restarted and rapier loaded correctly. Now I can get into settings!
Settings is currently broken in estuary

(2017-02-24, 13:45)trogggy Wrote: Edit: if by binary you mean pvr they're there - checked dvbviewer, working fine.
Binary addons should be included, but some are missing, because they don't work with x64 yet.
Another reason for the smaller package size is that some features are currently not working. e.g. webserver, mysql, cec, bluray, ...
(2017-02-24, 14:56)Rechi Wrote: Also have noticed that, but if I select run kodi in the installer it starts.
Tried that but still a no go.
Logs:
1. Windows 7 using 'run kodi' in the installer - nothing in %appdata% other than an advancedsettings.xml to enable debug logging.
Windows error message:
Code:
Kodi has stopped working
blah blah blah...

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Kodi.exe
  Application Version:    17.9.701.0
  Application Timestamp:    58af619a
  Fault Module Name:    KERNELBASE.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.23572
  Fault Module Timestamp:    57fd0696
  Exception Code:    c06d007e
  Exception Offset:    000000000001a06d
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    2057
  Additional Information 1:    27a6
  Additional Information 2:    27a636914bb02c1e44866e7831067d70
  Additional Information 3:    ed12
  Additional Information 4:    ed124e994e51ca817a181637ac5c6f45
debug log:
http://pastebin.com/dpzBu80X
2. Windows 7 portable - as above
http://pastebin.com/pkCQnZuY

3. Windows 10 portable as above, but working (yay).
http://pastebin.com/KF38Y8R5

Anything else wanted let me know.
(2017-02-24, 17:16)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-02-24, 14:56)Rechi Wrote: Also have noticed that, but if I select run kodi in the installer it starts.
Tried that but still a no go.

Could you test it with the latest version from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win64/ and respond back if it's working now? With the latest version it is working for me.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
64bit XBMC0