• 38(current)
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.
(2013-09-18, 12:01)coley65 Wrote: are talking about the linux pivos here or the android version

Thanks
Coley

Android, atv120 stick from Geniatech
(2013-09-18, 11:42)sdeng Wrote: Ok thank you again Ned. So just to be 100% sure I would proceed in the following order:

1) Backup my actual XBMC
2) Uninstall it
3) Create a "xbmc-data" folder in the external SD
4) Install again Pivos XBMC
5) Restore my backup with XBMC backup plugin

Is that correct in your opinion?

You shouldn't need to uninstall XBMC. So just steps 1, 3, and 5.
(2013-09-18, 21:55)Ned Scott Wrote: You shouldn't need to uninstall XBMC. So just steps 1, 3, and 5.

Thank you Ned, I'll try this evening and let you know the outcome
This did not work for me running android on an atv1200 latest pivos nightly not sure but I only think this works on linux for give me if I am wrong
(2013-09-19, 21:25)coley65 Wrote: This did not work for me running android on an atv1200 latest pivos nightly not sure but I only think this works on linux for give me if I am wrong

It seems yes and no. I looked through the thread, and it sounds like the "xbmc-data" folder is only used on the linux builds, but the nightly Android builds should be saving all of the userdata folder stuff to the SD card anyways, just in a different folder. Is anything being added to the card?
(2013-09-20, 02:29)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-09-19, 21:25)coley65 Wrote: This did not work for me running android on an atv1200 latest pivos nightly not sure but I only think this works on linux for give me if I am wrong

It seems yes and no. I looked through the thread, and it sounds like the "xbmc-data" folder is only used on the linux builds, but the nightly Android builds should be saving all of the userdata folder stuff to the SD card anyways, just in a different folder. Is anything being added to the card?

I created the xbmc-data folder on the external SD but nothing happened. The folder is staying empty. My doubt is that I'm using the Pivos's Official build and not a nightly one. So now I will just to uninstall everything and install the latest nightly build available. I'll keep you informed.
Nothing... I uninstalled XBMC, manually deleted all the userdata files from the internal SD, installed the latest Pivos nightly build from http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2967 and launched a fresh scan for some movies. The "xbmc-data" folder located in the external SD stays empty while the userdata folder is automatically created inside the internal SD.
I find strange that I'm the only one having this problem, if you have a large amount of movies and a single gb sd card it gets full right away making really a pain to use xbmc at all.
Ok, I may have found a solution for this problem, at least is working for me until now.
I'm using a program called "directory bind" you can get it from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachme...1326918270
The software needs root permissions and it allows you bind a directory in another directory of your choice, it phisically moves all the data from one folder to another and then it binds the new directory as default one so that the software go on working like before. Just be sure to check in the options to mount the bindings at the boot.
Hello. I have a ATV1200 (Android Box) with latest XBMC, but the option:

"PLAYBACK - Adjust display refresh rate to match video" do not work.

Is it me or is that really does not work?

Thank you.
(2014-01-09, 19:34)Perroproblema Wrote: Hello. I have a ATV1200 (Android Box) with latest XBMC, but the option:

"PLAYBACK - Adjust display refresh rate to match video" do not work.

Is it me or is that really does not work?

Thank you.

It really does not work, Android owns the display, XBMC does not.
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Official OMG, XBMC on Android thread.6