no, remove the #if ... and #endif lines completely

void eit_init ( void )
{
epggrab_module_ota_create(NULL, "eit", "EIT: DVB Grabber", 1,
_eit_start, _eit_enable, NULL);
epggrab_module_ota_create(NULL, "freesat", "Freesat", 5,
_eit_start, _eit_enable, NULL);
}
Thank you, I compiled deleted all my config and re-setup last night with just dvb-s and left it overnight. The epg data in tvh looked promising during my quick check before work but I will fully test tonight and see what happens when i throw in the freeview hd tuner and change the channel order/merge channels.
So you got a nice working system and you wanna go and throw a spanner in it Wink

Let me know how you get on, the channel merging has caused some headaches up to now. I'm hoping my latest code has resolved several of the issues, but only time will tell.
Its no fun if things dont need fixing! :-)
Getttng somewhere now, using the freesat option in ota best so far some channels not picked up like popgirl +1 my favourite channel!
The dvbt channels didn't get any epg info I guess that is to be expected with the freesat option so i ran xmltv for those channels only, seems to have worked.

Theres one main niggle. BBC HD has epg in tvh but refuses to get epg in xbmc!

edit: this was on my windows laptop, i've now just tried it on my main machine and bbc hd epg has worked but some othere haven't. Seems random.
Yeah, it's probably the case (not sure why) that you're not receiving the transponder carrying the opentv feed. But if Freesat feed is working that's good news Smile

Not sure about missing channels, if you have a list I can take a look and see whether they're actually in the Freesat feed. It's possible my carousel end detection isn't working properly and its cutting some stuff out, but it should eventually pick them up. Alternatively they may simply be missing, or some other unthought of bug.

There is a known issue, at least to me, that XBMC will fail to display the EPG for a channel that does have "current" event set. Because the way it works is it requests all the channel info, which includes now/next event IDs. It then starts scanning for EPG events from this point on (each even return indicates the next event in the chain). Therefore if current isn't set XBMC simply gives up. I'm also not sure whether it recovers from this or simply fails to request EPG info for that channel from then on (or until you manually reset the EPG).

Now most of the time there should be a current event, but it is possible for it not to be there (such as if the EPG grab in TVH is not complete, but could also be a bug). I need to check whether my statement about XBMC not recovering is accurate, if it is then I think XBMC needs mod'ing to cope with a scenario which can actually happen for valid reasons (both permanent and transient).

You can usually see this in the XBMC logs (with debug turned on). But I'll try and take a look at the TVH PVR client code to see exactly what it does.
P.S.

It's also possible this is specifically related to Freesat EPG info, since not many people are using this at the moment and so its had little testing. Though my TVH server was configured to use it so I'll have to take a look at that.
Thanks for your help. I was too tired to add to my last post last night but I tried reseting the xbmc db and deleting the db file and let it run the import again. This time it it did grab the epg for BBC HD put bbc one and two then dropped off the radar. Then reset again and got bbc one back but I think channel 5 then went missing. I wonder if I turn the epg grabber off then do xbmc reset and then turn grabber back on to see what happens.

I have merged some channels but BBC HD was not one of them as I only get that on freeview.

I'll try the debug log in xbmc tonight and let you know what channels tvh did not grap to begin with.
These issues with EPG info not appearing for random channel's have nothing to do with your code I think Adam, I've had them since I started using TVH 8 months ago. Right after a EPG wipe out/change of mux, there's always a couple of channels that won't scan in even though the EPG info is present in the TVH WebUI, usually I try to fix it a couple of times by resetting the DB, give up, and a week or so later the channels are magically fine again, until another reset/backend change occurs.
Yeah that does sound familiar.

As noted, I'm aware of at least one issue with the TVH XBMC client code in this area. Though I've not thus far done anything about it (been busy getting TVH to work).

It's not impossible there is still some interplay with my code that makes this more frequent, such as if I was inadvertently "replacing" EPG entries (rather than updating them) it might be possible for there to be brief periods where the entries go missing for current (shouldn't happen, but could) which would expose the issue more frequently.

I've checked the XBMC code and the code is still as I remember it. If channel.event (which is always the current event) is set to 0 (nothing) then it will NOT request the EPG for that channel. What I'm not clear on is whether this would then cause problems from that point on, I "think" that each re-request should overcome this.

One thing I do know is that TVH will alert XBMC when the current event changes (via a channelUpdate async method), however I'm not actually sure that XBMC does anything with this other than to note the new event. This kinda makes sense, it will timeout current event internally, but it might be useful to detect the scenario in which current event wasn't set and now is.

Although to be honest I think some more general changes to the XBMC code would be a good idea, but I need to sort TVH codebase out first.

Adam
All the channels epg have now found their way in to xbmc. The only ones that have not are the ones with nothing in tvheadend which are

popgirl +1
tinypop +1
men&movs+1
dancenationtv
propeller
travel ch +1

edit: doh!

Retrieving listings: 100% [==========================================]D 0h04m39s

Finished!

Jul 19 20:29:36 [INFO]:/usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt: grab took 281 seconds
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: Signal: 11 in PRG: ./build.linux/tvheadend () [84 8c77f42199e152037cf73d6f01c7d17b68183c] CWD: /home/billy/tvh-adamsutton
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: Fault address 0xf8 (Address not mapped)
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: Loaded libraries: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libavahi-common.so.3 /usr /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libavahi-client.so.3 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 /lib/ld-linux. so.2 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libz.so.1 /lib/i386- linux-gnu/libnss_compat.so.2 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnsl.so.1 /lib/i386-linux-gnu /libnss_nis.so.2 /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnss_files.so.2
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: Register dump [19]: 00000033 00000000 0000007b 00 00007b 00000000 098e20b0 00000000 b3af11a0 ade1b970 50178f54 50178f54 000000a0 0 000000e 00000004 0805315f 00000073 00210206 b3af11a0 0000007b
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: STACKTRACE
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: /home/billy/tvh-adamsutton/src/trap.c:139 0x8069e 42
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: __kernel_rt_sigreturn+0x0 ()
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: /home/billy/tvh-adamsutton/src/epg.c:64 0x805315f
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: /home/billy/tvh-adamsutton/src/epggrab/module/xml tv.c:394 0x8070b8e
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: /home/billy/tvh-adamsutton/src/epggrab/module.c:1 15 0x806d8da
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: /home/billy/tvh-adamsutton/src/epggrab.c:56 0x805 54e8
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: ??:0 0xb7542d4c
Jul 19 20:29:36 [ALERT]:CRASH: clone+0x5e (/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6)

edit: seems to have been xmltv

And now trying to install:

billy@HTPC:~/tvh-adamsutton$ sudo AUTOBUILD_CONFIGURE_EXTRA= ./Autobuild.sh -t precise-i386
fatal: No names found, cannot describe anything.
dpkg-buildpackage: export CFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security
dpkg-buildpackage: export CPPFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
dpkg-buildpackage: export CXXFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security
dpkg-buildpackage: export FFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: export LDFLAGS from dpkg-buildflags (origin: vendor): -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
parsechangelog/debian: warning: debian/changelog(l1): badly formatted heading line
LINE: tvheadend () unstable; urgency=low
parsechangelog/debian: warning: debian/changelog(l2): found blank line where expected first heading
parsechangelog/debian: warning: debian/changelog(l3): found change data where expected first heading
LINE: * The full changelog can be found at
parsechangelog/debian: error: Can't call method "as_string" on an undefined value at /usr/share/perl5/Dpkg/Changelog.pm line 250, <STDIN> line 6.

dpkg-buildpackage: error: changelog parser /usr/lib/dpkg/parsechangelog/debian gave error exit status 255
billy@HTPC:~/tvh-adamsutton$
With regards to the build system, I've no idea about that one. I've not changed anything related to autobuild so it should work, unless there is genuinely stuff in the log messages that can't be parsed. I have to admit I've not tried building a deb for a while.

One thing, don't run that command with sudo, its unnecessary an potentially dangerous.

Back to the crash. Definitely not good, I had a quick go on my rig last night (although I wasn't using the same script to generate the XMLTV output, and I was feeding it in via external interface) and no problems. There is nothing obvious in the crash dump to say what has happened, which is a little worrying (we've been through this once already and it did take a while to find it).

Is it repeatable?

I'll try and run a more representative test on my machine. My be better to report this on my github issues, so it can be properly tracked.

Adam

The crash was happening everytime the xmltv update had finished. I would re-start then the xmltv would kick in and then shortly after it had finished it would crash again.

I disabled xmltv in tvh deleted the epg and restarted with just ota freesat which worked and no crash. I tried reconfiging xmltv to just pick up epg for one channel: BBCHD as the other freeview channels seem to use the freesat epg through the fact they are merged with the duplicate freesat channels.

I did not get any issues last night but then I didn't the first time , it was the next day so I will report back with what happens tonight.
Well the fact it was repeatable is good news, but it sounds like you've already deleted the evidence Sad

I don't suppose you backed up your EPG database, rather than simply deleting it?

If not and it happens again, can you make sure to take a copy of the EPG database, it'll be useful in reconstructing what's happened. Also could be useful to send me the output from the XMLTV script and/or your XMLTV configuration so I can repeat.

Regards
Adam
Yes unfortunately I deleted the epg, but I'll be sure to take a copy if it does hapen again. If it doesn't I can re-config xmltv to get all the freeview channels I have to see if it happens again if you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tvheadend epg0