[Release] TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
olympia Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Guys, just use an nfo file with the theaudiodb.com link for all those which are problematic. Yes, this is a workaround, but it works and let you forget the issue.
find quote
DarkHelmet Offline
Fan
I could finally fix my hardware issues. Here's a log. I'm trying to manually scrape these files, which exist in theaudiodb

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Lock All The Doors.mp4
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - You Know We Can't Go Back.mp4
Phoenix - 1901.mp4

http://pastebin.com/q9zLGh3i

And one other thing I noticed: Until some point when I manually scraped a music video with a track that is part of multiple albums (e.g. regular album, live, best of) I was presented a list of these albums containing that track and then I could pick the right album. That option is not available anymore. Was that intended or is it a bug?
(This post was last modified: 2015-07-05 13:11 by DarkHelmet.)
find quote
DarkHelmet Offline
Fan
Anyone?
find quote
zag Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Code:
http://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/58424d43204d6564696120/searchtrack.php?s=Noel%20Gallagher\'s%20High%20Flying%20Birds&t=Lock%20All%20The%20Doors

This is the URL that isn't working. I'll have a look.

EDIT: OK this works

Code:
http://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/58424d43204d6564696120/searchtrack.php?s=Noel%20Gallagher%27s%20High%20Flying%20Birds&t=Lock%20All%20The%20Doors

Looks like there is an extra "amp;" after the song artist, i'd check the song tag to see if there is an extra space or something in the artist name.
(This post was last modified: 2015-07-28 23:18 by zag.)
find quote
DarkHelmet Offline
Fan
Thanks for looking into it. I copied and pasted both the artist and the track name directly from theaudiodb to my filename in order to avoid these issues. Don't really know what else I can do.

This is the exact name of the file copied and pasted directly from the files name.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Lock All The Doors.mp4

Maybe you could try with a dummy file if that scrapes correctly for you.

Olympia, I take it you're the author of the scraper. Why was the option to choose between different albums removed? That was a pretty useful option.
find quote
olympia Offline
Team-Kodi Member
I have no idea, the scraper did not change in this respect for sure. Unless there were related API changes (which I don't think there was), the scraper should return the results with the API provides.
find quote
DarkHelmet Offline
Fan
(2015-06-13 01:11)zag Wrote:  Since this scraper creates millions of hits a night... I have slightly amended the API search to only return 1 record now.

Basically it should work as before, but the track name must be accurate and it will not return multiple results.

Stupid me. It was this change to the API most probably.
find quote
zaz102 Offline
Is it possible to get some kind of fanart to display for Music Video album and/or title nodes without downloading artwork and generating nfo files? Right now, I only get fanart for the artist node.

I know my Music Videos are scraping correctly as I am getting all info associated with the song.

I checked the website and do not see a fanart option for album or song. Perhaps, this is why I'm not seeing fanart.
find quote