• 12(current)
Release TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper
(2015-11-13, 23:51)mrjwm2 Wrote: chrisvl,

No reason to disable it. Just don't use it. The scraper does nothing on your system until 'you' instruct kodi to use it when adding a source. Or if you must, remove it altogether in the addons folder of the Kodi install.

Except this isn't true. With the add-on being broken, every time I try to update my library, it searches for new movies just fine, then it gets to music videos and throws up a "can't connect to remote server" error on every single video. So, if I want to actually scrape my new TV episodes, I either have to tell it to continue scanning over and over again, for every music video it errors on, or go into the file browser and tell it to specifically search the tv folder for new files.

Maybe when multiple people say they have a problem with it, you shouldn't just dismiss their concern and assume they're complaining about a nonissue?
It will hopefully be a non issue when the add-on is marked as broken officially. This is coming I believe.

There is already a PR to change it to local scraping in Jarvis
(2015-11-17, 07:18)mojganin Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 23:51)mrjwm2 Wrote: chrisvl,

No reason to disable it. Just don't use it. The scraper does nothing on your system until 'you' instruct kodi to use it when adding a source. Or if you must, remove it altogether in the addons folder of the Kodi install.

Except this isn't true. With the add-on being broken, every time I try to update my library, it searches for new movies just fine, then it gets to music videos and throws up a "can't connect to remote server" error on every single video. So, if I want to actually scrape my new TV episodes, I either have to tell it to continue scanning over and over again, for every music video it errors on, or go into the file browser and tell it to specifically search the tv folder for new files.

Maybe when multiple people say they have a problem with it, you shouldn't just dismiss their concern and assume they're complaining about a nonissue?
change content and change the scraper. Easy fix
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Chrisvl,

My reply is true. Just don't use it. When you update your 'entire' library you are instructing Kodi to use the 'broken' scraper. If... you 'choose' to update only a specific folder it works fine.

Until it gets marked as broken (takes a bit a time), remove the scraper completely, disable auto update (if available on your Kodi version) and there you have it.

Or.... do not scan music videos source.

Even better would be to export files to NFO.
(2015-11-19, 04:13)mrjwm2 Wrote: Chrisvl,

My reply is true. Just don't use it. When you update your 'entire' library you are instructing Kodi to use the 'broken' scraper. If... you 'choose' to update only a specific folder it works fine.

Until it gets marked as broken (takes a bit a time), remove the scraper completely, disable auto update (if available on your Kodi version) and there you have it.

Or.... do not scan music videos source.

Even better would be to export files to NFO.

Not Chrisvl, actually. Kind of the whole point: this isn't an isolated incident.

And the scraper cannot be removed. Again: kind of the whole point. The options for disabling and uninstalling are grayed out and inactive.

Thanks for the update, Zag. I appreciate the assistance.
I think if you use this in your advancedsettings:

Code:
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>

it will avoid the constant popups while scanning, but won't help with the failure to add to library core problem.

scott s.
Thanks scott!

My Kodi has been almost unusable since this got disabled as:

1) There is no way to remove the scraper
2) The scraper will always error even if you have set up another scraper

Isn't there *some way* to remove this manually?

I still get scraper errors every time I use Kodi.

Edit : Testing the above advancedsettings now....
Choose the local scraper?
I go to concerts (in my case with AeonMQ6), files, contect select the share and look at the scrapers. Local is selected (highlighted) but all the KODI scrapers are still present in the list under the share.

This scraper *cannot be uninstalled* and throws an error every few hours when the automatic scraper routine runs, locking up KODI until I select 'no'

Annoying, to put it mildly.

Multiple others in this thread have said the same thing, and yet it (and the posters) seems to keep getting ignored about what they are complaining about.

See above (mojganin): "Not Chrisvl, actually. Kind of the whole point: this isn't an isolated incident. And the scraper cannot be removed. Again: kind of the whole point. The options for disabling and uninstalling are grayed out and inactive."

You can't deselect the scraper.

You can't uninstall the scraper.

Yet, it throws an error every time anything is scraped (in my case automatically every few hours.)

In my opinion this is a show stopper bug, and it seems like reports of its behaviour are being ignored.
Have you tried confluence? Concerts certainly isn't a standard menu item.
(2015-11-28, 10:09)zag Wrote: Have you tried confluence? Concerts certainly isn't a standard menu item.

"Concerts" is just an Aeon MQ menu item that opens the videodb://musicvideos/titles node. Same as Confluence Videos/Music Videos submenu.

scott s.
(2015-11-28, 07:47)Jeremy White Wrote: I go to concerts (in my case with AeonMQ6), files, contect select the share and look at the scrapers. Local is selected (highlighted) but all the KODI scrapers are still present in the list under the share.

This scraper *cannot be uninstalled* and throws an error every few hours when the automatic scraper routine runs, locking up KODI until I select 'no'

Annoying, to put it mildly.

Multiple others in this thread have said the same thing, and yet it (and the posters) seems to keep getting ignored about what they are complaining about.

See above (mojganin): "Not Chrisvl, actually. Kind of the whole point: this isn't an isolated incident. And the scraper cannot be removed. Again: kind of the whole point. The options for disabling and uninstalling are grayed out and inactive."

You can't deselect the scraper.

You can't uninstall the scraper.

Yet, it throws an error every time anything is scraped (in my case automatically every few hours.)

In my opinion this is a show stopper bug, and it seems like reports of its behaviour are being ignored.

It's not a bug, it is a user error. You can say the interface is not fully intuitive, but still, it's a user error.
Not even sure what you are actually expecting here, but obviously you seem to feel you have the right here for something.

The scraper is a default Kodi scraper, hence it cannot be uninstalled or disabled... You shouldn't aim for that and this is again, not a bug.

The solution has been posted a couple of times. Make sure you don't have the scraper set in any of your source. I understand you are saying you checked this, but for sure, the scraper is still set at least on one of your sources if you're facing with this problem. The best would be to select your musicvideo source and set content to "none" for that.
(2015-11-28, 23:53)olympia Wrote: The scraper is a default Kodi scraper, hence it cannot be uninstalled or disabled... You shouldn't aim for that and this is again, not a bug.

I agree with almost everything in your post (user error in not understanding the process, and it is not a bug).

But the above quote is not accurate. Although most users do not understand how to do this (none have asked in this thread, just stated I am wrong), I have the scraper uninstalled and have a different scraper set as default. You can set any installed scraper to be default in the settings.xml.

You can uninstall the Kodi default scraper by deleting the folder in program files, deleting the .zip from packages in users directory, and then set updates to notify or off.

Then, you must set a different scraper as default in the settings.xml. If you do not... the <text> in settings.xml forces Kodi to display as if the Kodi default scraper, the one you just removed is installed...but it is all grayed out. But in fact the scraper is really removed.

I find it interesting that until the scraper stopped working, that the users commenting did not notice the many files in their source not added to their library.
With all respect, you shouldn't encourage users, definitely not ones, who doesn't even understand how Kodi works to do such things and it is really not necessary.
What I meant is that it is NOT possible to uninstall or disable a default Kodi scraper via the GUI similarly to other user installed scrapers. I didn't mean the scraper addon cannot be removed, at all on other levels. However, as said, this is really NOT necessary? The scraper just hanging there doesn't harm and doesn't cause any inconvenience, unless it is set as active scraper in any of the sources. So once again, anyone experiencing the issue should just make sure the scraper is not set anywhere.

...but yes, I think these kind of unawareness's and running all scrapers on all sources without really knowing what is happening is at least one of the causes that info provider sites (like theaudiodb.com) had to cut Kodi access because of the insane load this kind of usage (e.g. running musicvideo scraper on TV Show sources) brings to them...
Why have an Artist Name / Song Name folder structure if you have to name artist in file name? Why can't it be made so artist is located by artist folder and song by file name? Besides, nothing has worked for me. I want to remove this scraper, but there doesn't seem to be a way. It does not have the option.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper4