• 13(current)
Release TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper
(2015-11-29, 10:22)olympia Wrote: With all respect, you shouldn't encourage users, definitely not ones, who doesn't even understand how Kodi works to do such things and it is really not necessary.
What I meant is that it is NOT possible to uninstall or disable a default Kodi scraper via the GUI similarly to other user installed scrapers. I didn't mean the scraper addon cannot be removed, at all on other levels. However, as said, this is really NOT necessary? The scraper just hanging there doesn't harm and doesn't cause any inconvenience, unless it is set as active scraper in any of the sources. So once again, anyone experiencing the issue should just make sure the scraper is not set anywhere.

...but yes, I think these kind of unawareness's and running all scrapers on all sources without really knowing what is happening is at least one of the causes that info provider sites (like theaudiodb.com) had to cut Kodi access because of the insane load this kind of usage (e.g. running musicvideo scraper on TV Show sources) brings to them...

I don't have the scraper set anywhere yet it still tries to scrape and fails. Tell me how I can disable it. In the sources section, I changed the scraper to a different one but it still uses The AudioDB.com one.
This Add-on has now been marked as broken.

Sorry guys, the feature was just not sustainable with the number of users.

Hopefully a new Add-on will be written, I am happy to give out API keys for a non default Add-on
Is there any way to uninstall this scraper as despite my best effort I have been unable to do so. When I uninstall it the scraper says 'update available' Going endlessly in circles.
Will check tonight, try changing the scraper to something else for now.
To repeat: it is not possible to uninstall a default Kodi add-on, but there should be no reason to do so...
There does seem to be a bug, at least in Kodi 15 I have TADB MV scraper 1.2.8 and it is marked as "broken", but when you add a new source and set content to music video, TADB MV scraper is set by default in DialogContentSettings. ISTM broken add-ons should not be shown in the dialog.

I see this in GUIDialogContentSettings:
Code:
dialog->SetScraper(scraper);
    // toast selected but disabled scrapers
    if (!scraper->Enabled())
      CGUIDialogKaiToast::QueueNotification(CGUIDialogKaiToast::Error, g_localizeStrings.Get(24024), scraper->Name(), 2000, true);

which suggests to me the broken add-on shouldn't be selectable, but that doesn't seem to be the case as I guess the add-on is broken but still enabled (and as stated, impossible to disable). Or at least pop-up a message that the selected info provider is broken.

scott s.
I was incorrect saying disabling is not possible. It is, you can disable default add-ons, but cannot uninstall. In fact when Kodi brings up the broken notification, there is a pop-up window asking if you want to disable the broken scraper.

Sorry about that confusion!
(2015-12-01, 23:39)olympia Wrote: I was incorrect saying disabling is not possible. It is, you can disable default add-ons, but cannot uninstall. In fact when Kodi brings up the broken notification, there is a pop-up window asking if you want to disable the broken scraper.

Well it could be that it was like that long time ago and it changed in mean time. Recall something like that as well
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just checked this on my Jarvis build, and disabling the add-on works perfectly. No more popups.

I can only find one music video scraper in the official repo though, so its not easy to change without downloading from external sources.

Lets hope some writes some more scrapers and submits them to the repo.

EDIT: Hmm just managed to uninstall it.
EDIT2: comes back on reboot, with update needed
(2015-12-01, 23:39)olympia Wrote: I was incorrect saying disabling is not possible. It is, you can disable default add-ons, but cannot uninstall. In fact when Kodi brings up the broken notification, there is a pop-up window asking if you want to disable the broken scraper.

You can select "yes" in that pop-up, but it isn't actually disabled (Isengard). What it shows is "update available" (I have 1.2.7 installed currently). Only options available for the add-on are update, configure, and changelog. Selecting Update downloads and installs 1.2.8, add-on shows as "broken" and now what is available are configure, rollback, and changelog. Still enabled AFAICT.

Update: took a look on Jarvis 1121 nightly, and on this one it is broken according to the Addons20.db but still shows as enabled in add-on browser. Also don't see any update to 1.2.8 for this.

scott s.
Using Jarvis Beta 2. A popup appeared stating the addon is broken and asking if I want to deactivate it. I chose yes but it still shows as active in my addons in settings.
This add-on is also listed as broken for me too. The problem is, it can't be disabled. I have tried dozens of times but the disable option is grayed out. I have changed the scraper to another but it still tries to scrape and fails. Can someone tell me how to turn it off? This is annoying.
(2015-12-02, 09:04)TE5LA Wrote: This add-on is also listed as broken for me too. The problem is, it can't be disabled. I have tried dozens of times but the disable option is grayed out. I have changed the scraper to another but it still tries to scrape and fails. Can someone tell me how to turn it off? This is annoying.

I installed 1201 nightly. The addons database shows it is installed but it isn't actually in the addons folder tree, doesn't show up in the addon browser and isn't in the content settings dialog any more.

scott s.
(2015-12-02, 09:04)TE5LA Wrote: This add-on is also listed as broken for me too. The problem is, it can't be disabled. I have tried dozens of times but the disable option is grayed out. I have changed the scraper to another but it still tries to scrape and fails. Can someone tell me how to turn it off? This is annoying.

You can see my comment on the last page where I've experienced the same thing and then was discounted by the developers entirely.

I think there *is* some combination that can turn it off by selecting another scraper but the obvious didn't work for me either. I resorted to deleting the files related to it.
(2015-12-01, 13:36)zag Wrote: This Add-on has now been marked as broken.

Sorry guys, the feature was just not sustainable with the number of users.

Hopefully a new Add-on will be written, I am happy to give out API keys for a non default Add-on

Could you tell me if I could use an alternate scraper for now ?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper4