Linux Custom menu item
Hi, i'm getting crazy because i can't find out how to add an custom item, lets say "TV-Shows" and choose a folder where all my tvshows is.

I have made an custom item in the customize section but it dosen't show up.

Does anyone have a guide for this? I'm getting crazy from trying! Why is it even hard and random?

/C
lol "hard and random"....we´re using the approach every other skin uses, too. that means that you have to add the folder as a favourite and add that one as a custom home menu item then (choose type favourite there)
in nox 3.5 you´ll be able to set the path from inside the customizer window which will make it easier for noobs like you Wink
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Question 
(2012-07-14, 21:24)phil65 Wrote: lol "hard and random"....we´re using the approach every other skin uses, too. that means that you have to add the folder as a favourite and add that one as a custom home menu item then (choose type favourite there)
in nox 3.5 you´ll be able to set the path from inside the customizer window which will make it easier for noobs like you Wink

Hehe we all like it hard and random, but not when it comes to techstuff Smile

Sorry if i whine, i did not know about setting a folder as a favorite, that explains alot! Smile Just started to use it and i must say it's really hard to figure out some basic stuff. Otherwise it's great and nox looks pro.

Anyway, how do i do the "add folder as favorite" thingie?

/n00b
(2012-07-14, 22:05)jucyfer Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 21:24)phil65 Wrote: lol "hard and random"....we´re using the approach every other skin uses, too. that means that you have to add the folder as a favourite and add that one as a custom home menu item then (choose type favourite there)

Sorry if i whine, i did not know about setting a folder as a favorite, that explains alot! Smile Just started to use it and i must say it's really hard to figure out some basic stuff. Otherwise it's great and nox looks pro.

/n00b

right-click on folder in videos mode and add it to favorites, and then add it to a custom home menu item. there´s nothing hard or random in that procedure.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2012-07-14, 22:25)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 22:05)jucyfer Wrote:

/n00b

right-click on folder in videos mode and add it to favorites, and then add it to a custom home menu item. there´s nothing hard or random in that procedure.

yep found it thanks. I use xbmcbuntu + aeon nox = no rightclick (mouse disabled so i thought there was no need for it). I had to use the letter "C" on my keyboard, kind of random. To get a custom menuitem to work i had to find a hidden menu, create a favorite, create a item and point it to the favorited folder. That is hard.

Create item -> point to folder, that is easy.
(2012-07-14, 23:46)jucyfer Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 22:25)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 22:05)jucyfer Wrote: Hehe we all like it hard and random, but not when it comes to techstuff Smile

/n00b

yep found it thanks. I use xbmcbuntu + aeon nox = no rightclick (mouse disabled so i thought there was no need for it). I had to use the letter "C" on my keyboard, kind of random. To get a custom menuitem to work i had to find a hidden menu, create a favorite, create a item and point it to the favorited folder. That is hard.

letter "c" on keyboard, button "menu" on every supported remote. not that hard.
(2012-07-15, 02:56)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 23:46)jucyfer Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 22:25)phil65 Wrote: right-click on folder in videos mode and add it to favorites, and then add it to a custom home menu item. there´s nothing hard or random in that procedure.

letter "c" on keyboard, button "menu" on every supported remote. not that hard.

ye.. well i'm using just a keyboard right now.
(2012-07-14, 22:25)phil65 Wrote: right-click on folder in videos mode and add it to favorites, and then add it to a custom home menu item. there´s nothing hard or random in that procedure.

omg phil... having a "WARNING ! MOUSE NOT SUPPORTED - PLEASE DISABLE" cursor, and then ask a noob to right-click...

doomed to go wrong !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom menu item0