• 32(current)
Android Hardware
XBMC works great on this little box
(2012-11-11, 20:00)musashi79uk Wrote: I bought the Sumvision Cyclone Nano Slim Plus a couple of days ago. It had Android 2.3 already installed.
I installed XBMC from a file that I got off XDA Developers. Once installed, XBMC loaded fine but I could not select anything. Videos, Music, Settings, etc would highlight but I couldn't select them.
I uninstalled that and installed the latest Neon build from XDA Developers. This too loaded fine and this time I could select the items. I plugged the ethernet cable into my router and the Slim Plus to try too stream some files from my PC. The Slim Plus is about 60cm away from router and the router is 60cm away from the PC so its not a big distance and it's all hardwired so I thought it would be fine. The films play from the PC but are really jerky, stutter and suffer from motion blur or look like they are dropping loads of frames.
I thought this may be due to the Neon version of XBMC so I uninstalled it and them installed the latest non-Neon build from XDA Developers. This was exactly the same.
So I thought about reflashing the firmware for Android 4.0 from http://www.sum-vision.co.uk/productinfo/...upport.asp
I download the file 'update.img' and put it into the root of an empty microSD card. I turn the Slim Plus off and remove the power cable at the back. I put the microSD card into it, use a pen on the little button underneath and plug power cable into the back again.
The update screen comes up and says "Finding update... Can't mount sdcard/update.img. Finding update... Can't mount <something else>/update.img."
I have tried EVERY SINGLE update file from http://www.sum-vision.co.uk/productinfo/...upport.asp and I get the same response EVERY TIME!
I have also downloaded the update files from Pivos including the Linux thingy but I get the same error as before. I must have tried installing 8 different updates and am at my wits end.
I bought the Slim Plus from eBuyer as Ex-Display and could see that someone had already tried pressing the button underneath. I'm wondering if it's just my Slim Plus that won't update and that's why it was returned to eBuyer.
Any help on this would be appreciated. I'll leave it until tomorrow and if it's not working by tomorrow night, it's off back to eBuyer.

TRY this mate http://sumvision.com/product/cyclone-nan...upport.php
Try this linux version it works for me and xbmc is already loaded with this file install spi image first then the other 2 files included in zip have to unpack

Cheers
Hello,

Any news lately? I want to upgrade my Raspberry Pi, since I think its too sluggish. It works well, but I'd like something more powerfull for the XBMC experience...
Is there a wrap up of all these mini-PCs somewhere?

I wouldn't mind if the box uses linux/openelec or similiar instead of android.
linux xbmc for Geniatech ATV dualcore really makes a plus to ATV series.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android Hardware5