• 6(current)
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV2
Optical, coax, analog rca, composite, component, etc are all nice but greatly change the form/cost factor as well as user complexity in setting up.
(2012-08-19, 02:46)davilla Wrote: Optical, coax, analog rca, composite, component, etc are all nice but greatly change the form/cost factor as well as user complexity in setting up.

Optical out is the only way I can listen to albums without my TV on. No need for TV if there is only audio.
Basje, Don't you enjoy the visualizations and album info that XBMC provides ?

Most people have AV receivers with HDMI in/out these days if you really wanted to save the power and keep your TV off.
(2012-08-21, 21:14)rapalax Wrote: Basje, Don't you enjoy the visualizations and album info that XBMC provides ?

Most people have AV receivers with HDMI in/out these days if you really wanted to save the power and keep your TV off.

I don't have a receiver with HDMI, just Coax and Optical input. So there is my point. And no, I don't need the visualizations (I always disable them). I use my Galaxy Tab or Android Phone as XBMC remote when playing music. No need to spend 100W of power on a TV screen I don't use.
I second that. I definately would prefer a slightly larger box that cost slightly more that had multiple outputs for AV. For example, the Geniatech ATV1200/1600 dual core yadayada, has component, composite, VGA, optical and coaxial digital, and HDMI. If that were available I think Pivos could easily charge 130.00.
Yeap. I'm in this crew here also.. waiting for the ATV1600 or a similar box from Pivos group. ;-)
Yeah I need optical or coaxial output to so I bought a ATV2 when I needed to replace my popcorn hour a100.
If you willing to pay the difference just buy a HDMI - Optical/Coax/Component/VGA converter, I use one to split my HDMI chain into optical for my headphones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HDMI-to-VGA-RG...819wt_1399
For European People, because i didn´t found the Pivos here, i prefer the Bluetimes BT3584DA Android 4.0 Smart TV Box

Same Specs like the Xios Pivos and XBMC runing great on the Box (So fare an Alpha runs great Wink )I got one since yesterday.

Main Chipset Media Processor: Amlogic 8726 / CORE A9 / 800 MHz
RAM 512 MB DDR2 (actual available memory is slightly less due to reserved memory)
Flash 4G Byte NAND Flash
Wireless LAN 802.11N Wireless Network onboard
Wired LAN 10/100 Ethernet
USB USB2.0 Host x 3 (Connect to USB Devices)
Video Interface HDMI 1.3, CVBS, OPTICAL
Audio Interface L/R stereo analog audio output, Optical for audio source output
Card reader SD/MMC/MS
Remote Remote Controller

Google Play Store Approved!

http://www.myhdplayer.de/Android-TV-Box/...V-Box.html (german store!)

Can the pivos ds display all kinds of frequencies under linux? 23.976, 29,97 and the integer ones?
edited
(2012-08-23, 20:41)pszab Wrote: Can the pivos ds display all kinds of frequencies under linux? 23.976, 29,97 and the integer ones?

Nope Confused It output only at 60Hz
That's bad... Sad Do you guys know if the Raspberry Pi can output at those frequencies? I've just heard some EXCELLENT news today about them adding support (via individual license) for MPEG2.
Yeah, I just heard about those new raspbmc licenses. Is the Pi h/w more powerful than atv, because I've tried playing mpeg2 HD and it won't play on my atv.
(2012-08-24, 20:08)tutu Wrote:
(2012-08-23, 20:41)pszab Wrote: Can the pivos ds display all kinds of frequencies under linux? 23.976, 29,97 and the integer ones?

Nope Confused It output only at 60Hz

It also supports 30 and 50Hz but we have the 30Hz trapped out. 23.976, 29,97 video content are quite smooth. But I see that if one absolutely must have display switching regardless of how good the Pivos DS handles it, then maybe the Pivos DS is not the device for you.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV20