• 9(current)
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV2
Are there any boxes with an optical audio out which also support the linux xbmc version?
i would hold fire a couple of weeks because you will see a load of dual core amlogic (MX) boxes hit the market. If you do go with that box google stanes rom because he makes custom rom for that box
(2012-11-27, 18:21)Vaevictus2 Wrote: i would hold fire a couple of weeks because you will see a load of dual core amlogic (MX) boxes hit the market. If you do go with that box google stanes rom because he makes custom rom for that box

Where did you hear it will be as soon as a couple weeks?

And does that mean they will arrive in 2 weeks on ebay sellers that will take 3 weeks to ship from china to the UK?

I'm thinking of buying this type of box for xbmc but if i can get an MX (aka M6) (the newer - faster processor - version of these pivos/sumvision/g-box mignight etc) delivered before Christmas then I'll hold off.

also, even if they do arrive soon, will they have a host of niggles that will need fixed by new firmware a few more weeks down the line, or will most of the niggles that have already been sorted - for the M3's - just be applicable to the MX? (hope you get what i'm driving at because i dont think i've explained that last question very well Big Grin

The main problem of all these android boxes is that they probably wont work wir the linux build of xbmc which supports much more features than the adroid version.
SO the pivox xios is still the best choice.. for EU they will start to deliver in the second week of december... (hopefully)
(2012-11-28, 11:10)Buga Wrote: The main problem of all these android boxes is that they probably wont work wir the linux build of xbmc which supports much more features than the adroid version.
SO the pivox xios is still the best choice.. for EU they will start to deliver in the second week of december... (hopefully)

i think that's true to an extent. I think the linux version of xbmc is preferable to the android version, because the android version is still new (so its more likely to crash, or have wifi problems or some addns may not work, or i may just have other smaller little niggles).

So it's a shame that the new versions of these boxes with the M3 processors (and the very new MX aka M6) don't seem to have a linux version that works.

So we have a choice:

Reliability: we go with the older boxes (M1 processors) that have the option of a reliable stable xbmc experience with linux (eg raspmc or openelec) but arn't quite as quick (menu's sometimes lag in xbmc for example). android also works on these boxes but xbmc android is missing features and can be unreliable at the moment.

or

Quicker: we go with the newer boxes that (M3 or MX aka M6 processors) which would mean you HAVE to use android which is a lottery as some users are saying its fine and working and some users are having a lot of problems.

questions that really need answered:

i'd prefer to have android on the newer ones if i thought it would do the things i want like streaming from addons like 1channel and icefilms etc.

q1) can the android version of xbmc on these faster M3 processors handle 1channel and icefilms?
q2) is there really a lag ie slow menu response when using the older machines with linux eg the pivos xios or sumvision?
q3) can anyone estimate what are the chances of getting anewer machine that crashes orhas wifi issues because you read about these issues in forums but its impossible to tell if there ar=e= [thousands of people that are happily using them and therefore not posting Big Grin
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XIOS PIVOS vs ATV20