Aeon Nox Custom Menu help - Playlist & favourites
Hi all

Been using XBMC for a couple of months, and fairly confident using it now.

Installed aeon Nox today and just cannot get the custom menus to work as i'd expect. What i'm trying to achieve is to end up with the following Home menu options:

Movies
TV Shows
Family Movies
Stand-up Comedy

I've tried adding a custom menu, and using a Favourite i've already created, Family Movies (which points to a specific network share where i've only got family movies saved, not mixed up with "adult" movies). I can see and select the menu from the Home screen, but when i enter that screen a get a garbled mess of a screen. I've searched for the problem on here, and one suggestion says to modify the guisettings.xml file. I've looked in the specified location and the file isn't there. I've also done a Windows search and cannot find that file anywhere.

I've therefore tried using Playlists as an alternative method of getting my desired setup. I've created my playlists, added them as custom menu items. When i seletc these from my home menu i just get blank placeholders where the dvd cover artwork should be, no backgrounds, and nothing is selectable. Again, i've tried searching these forums, but can't find antyhing specific to my problems.

Everything else seems to work fine, Movies and TV Shows.

Can anyone please help me out here, becuase my setup is almost perfect!

Thanks.
Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Sony BDP-S370, Onkyo HT-S5305B, Xbox 360 250GB Slim, Logitech Harmony 525

HTPC: Antec Black Fusion V2, ASUS P5E-VM HDMI, Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, ASUS EAH3450, OCZ 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400, Intel 40GB SSD, LG H20L HD-DVD/BLU RAY
(2012-07-15, 18:08)Monkey Butler Wrote: Hi all

Installed aeon Nox today and just cannot get the custom menus to work as i'd expect. What i'm trying to achieve is to end up with the following Home menu options:

Movies
TV Shows
Family Movies
Stand-up Comedy

I've tried adding a custom menu, and using a Favourite i've already created, Family Movies (which points to a specific network share where i've only got family movies saved, not mixed up with "adult" movies). I can see and select the menu from the Home screen, but when i enter that screen a get a garbled mess of a screen. I've searched for the problem on here, and one suggestion says to modify the guisettings.xml file. I've looked in the specified location and the file isn't there. I've also done a Windows search and cannot find that file anywhere.

I've therefore tried using Playlists as an alternative method of getting my desired setup. I've created my playlists, added them as custom menu items. When i seletc these from my home menu i just get blank placeholders where the dvd cover artwork should be, no backgrounds, and nothing is selectable. Again, i've tried searching these forums, but can't find antyhing specific to my problems.

Thanks.

guisettings.xml is in userdata folder.
i´d like to see a screenshot of the stuff iwth missing cover artwork etc. never seen that. i assume that you´re using xbmc 11 final?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-07-15, 18:47)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-07-15, 18:08)Monkey Butler Wrote: Hi all

Movies
TV Shows
Family Movies
Stand-up Comedy

Thanks.

guisettings.xml is in userdata folder.
i´d like to see a screenshot of the stuff iwth missing cover artwork etc. never seen that. i assume that you´re using xbmc 11 final?

Nope, i'm using 12.alpha4. I guess i know what recommendation is coming next. Wink

I'll uninstall and go for 11 final, and update this thread.
Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Sony BDP-S370, Onkyo HT-S5305B, Xbox 360 250GB Slim, Logitech Harmony 525

HTPC: Antec Black Fusion V2, ASUS P5E-VM HDMI, Intel Core 2 Duo E6300, ASUS EAH3450, OCZ 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400, Intel 40GB SSD, LG H20L HD-DVD/BLU RAY
Phew!

Okay, just spent another two ours trying to sort this out. Reinstalled v11, which has fixed the issues i was having, but now ive got new problems.

Ive sucessfully created two custom menu options, and used favourites, kids movies and stand up comedy. When i navigate into these i can see the dvd artwork, but the fanart is now a generic backdrop. It is enabled, and when i disable it i get the watchmen fanart. Its the same in all custom menus.

Ive also noticed that even though ive only added one source for my default movie option, its now pulling in the additonal kids movies and stand up comedy.

Any ideas anone?

Anyone?

use library and smart playlists.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Just tried adding 3 smart playlists, where the path is Y:\family movies\ plus another 2 using the same type of path equals rules. However, when i go into Video Playlists i just get blank dvd's, showing 0 movie, 1/2.

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

you probably didn´t add anything to library. you have to scan your stuff in first.
Not quite sure what you mean. I can already see all of my films under the main Movies choice on the home screen.

Also worth noting is that i can only see a very limited count at the top of the screen, 1/2.

Am i correct in that i can create a rule whereby the path is at the top folder level, e.g. Y:\family movies\ and it will scan all of my sub folders?

Ive run a test on an actual movie folder containing only 1 item, e.g. D:\movies\star wars and it fines that fine in my test playlist.

Is my rule or logic wrong, or do i need to wait for a considerable amount of time for the can to complete running, even though the main movie folder is scanned and populated?

Ok, figured out that my issue was that the playlist rule on the path i was using was where path is Y:\movies rather than path starts with. Thats cleared up my first issue and i can now see content in my playlists.

However, i still cant get all 3 of my playlists working at the same time - i'll post more details when i get back to my HTPC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox Custom Menu help - Playlist & favourites0