Neverending Problems
Ok, I have had XBMC 10.1 on my system for years now and never had any trouble until the weather addon broke so I decided to upgrade to V11(aka eden) and ever since then I have not been able to do anything.

Between the instant hangs on startup to it taking half an hour for a film lookup when V10.1 done 70 TV series and 850 films in less than a couple of hours.

I managed to get eden working with 10.1 database and it kept all film listings and directory information but when it comes to playing them back it says the film cannot be found do I want to delete it and I have done search for new content AND update library and nothing is working and I am pretty sure its due to the cak search setup menu in V11.

In V10 you had this menu when adding films.

"Use Folder Names for Lookups"

This option although it labeled everything in the folder the same name was no problem to do a quick refresh to go from "Die Hard, Die Hard, Die Hard, Die Hard" to "Die Hard, Die Hard 2: Die Harder" and so on but with V11 you dont have this option and no matter what combination I try it takes hours to progress through 1-5% of the films I have and its really starting to **** me off.

TV Shows it does relatively ok and in a steady pace but I am having a lot of hassle with the film side of things.

Has anyone else had trouble with downloading movie information like the program taking 10-15m per film or the whole thing just hanging or should I just go back to 10.1.
I can tell you this is not by design and not normal. when you install Eden it will upgrade the databases. You can roll back to Dharma and the old databases still exist and Dharma will use those. Unless you nuked your old .db files you always have the Dharma backup.

After upgrading to Eden you should first make sure all you scraper add-ons are updated. Then check the content setting on all your sources. Make sure nothing needs to be reset. Lookup times will also depend on the scraper you are using, its settings and the source website. I prefer the IMDB scraper and minimal info (poster, fanart, main cast). This allows a movie to be scraped in maybe 10-15 seconds at most.

You still have the "Use folder names for Lookups", It is just renamed slightly. It still serves the same function. If you want easy hassle free lookups, then name the folder the exact name of the film including the year in () at the end. Then place the movie file in that folder. You'll get 99-100 accurate lookups. Do not use this option if you have all your movies in one root folder.
I kept a copy of the XBMC folder on a seperate partition which was from 10.1 version of XBMC, I agree it is quite a wierd problem but if I keep the 10.1 info in the roaming folder and install Eden and then fire it up the screen goes blank with the circle loading icon and I have left it to go in the background for quite a while and when I click on the black area it just tells me its stopped responding and do I want to wait or close the program.

For the moment I have just gne back to 10.1 and will just try again with eden when I upgrade the components in my PC as I will be doing a fresh install of windows.

Where is the "Use folder names for lookups" option now ?

The way I have my folders set up is I have a folder with the film inside of it and for films with more than 1 like American Pie and Die Hard I just have all the video files inside 1 folder.

The problem I found with Eden using the current database when it eventually started up without hanging is that it wouldnt update any of the information on films it would just scan and not discover anything, now I dont know if this is down to the above mentioned "Use Folder Names For Lookups" config from the old eden and it not being present in eden.

Currently its a lot more hassle than its worth and I dont have time to try things out and hope it does not take 13-30m to look up a film.

Fresh install of both Eden and Dharma where I proceeded straight to adding the films drive to my library using the exact same scrapers Dharma seems to be able to cope with this a LOT easier than Eden did.

It would be a lot easier to go back and forth to try and work things out if they didnt both draw their information from the same folder in the appdata directory.
(2012-07-16, 19:46)alphaomega16 Wrote: The way I have my folders set up is I have a folder with the film inside of it and for films with more than 1 like American Pie and Die Hard I just have all the video files inside 1 folder.
This is not a good idea for any version of XBMC. Eden has the ability to group movies into "sets" you may want to try that instead. Put all you movies in their own separate folders, or all in one folder. Doing the mish-mash you have is bound to have problems.
(2012-07-17, 05:19)kricker Wrote:
(2012-07-16, 19:46)alphaomega16 Wrote: The way I have my folders set up is I have a folder with the film inside of it and for films with more than 1 like American Pie and Die Hard I just have all the video files inside 1 folder.
This is not a good idea for any version of XBMC. Eden has the ability to group movies into "sets" you may want to try that instead. Put all you movies in their own separate folders, or all in one folder. Doing the mish-mash you have is bound to have problems.

The only problem I encountered with 10.1 was it labelled all films within the folder the same name and a quick refresh sorted that out no problems.

With eden I couldnt get as far as any folders with multiple filmsin them
What are the options you set for the scrapers? Look at the options in the set content menu. There is an option that tells XBMC there is only one movie per folder. I forget the exact verbiage, it should be obvious when you see it.

You can leave them how you have them structured now as long as that option is off AND each movie is named properly for scraping.
Managed to get the 2 drives into my PC rather than having them as external drives so had to clear database so thought I would just try eden again.

I REALLY need some help.

I have my movies set out like this, I will give an example for single and multiple files.

Cowboys and Angels
-Cowboys and Angels.avi

Animal House (1978)
-Animal House (1978).avi

Die Hard Films
-Die Hard.avi
-Die Hard 2 - Die Harder.avi
-Die Hard 3 - With A Vengeance.avi

So each film is in a seperate folder and films with follow ons just have 1 folder with all films put in them.

Can someone please tell me what the hell I have to click for content, these are the options.

Run Automated Scan
Movies Are In Seperate Folders That Match The Movie Title
Scan Recursively
Selected Folder Contains a Single Video Only
Exclude Path From Library Updates

With them all off it doesnt pick up ANYTHING and with Movies that are in seperate folders ticked it seems to be taking forever to do anything and it labels the die hards wrong. Last night it went from Date Night to Flicka in about 10 hours Huh Thats from Date to Flick 75 folders / films ?

I spent hours yesterday getting rid of shortcuts and renamed each film what it is including folder and film file itself and it took a while to do all 900 films manually just so I wouldnt run into too many problems.
Also for the ones XBMC 10.1 had trouble with I done some nfo files with a direct link to IMDB title which has helped with those but doing that for 900 films is going to take so much more than just hours lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, it seems to start up and get info for a few films really quick then all of a sudden it slows down to a halt and takes a disturbing amount of time to carry on. When it has stopped on a particular film and I try and stop the scan it just hangs and comes up with a wait or close window then I load it back up and the film it was stuck on is there and it just carrys on after.

Edit
Only program I have running is XBMC and the XBMC Remote for android isnt updating episodes / artwork for the program "Touch" which started this year it keep showing a cartoon.

System is
Vista 64bit
Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8ghz
4GB DDRII 400mhz
Geforce GTX260
100mb Connection, Virgin Media.
With the mixed way you have things organized set it this way:
Run Automated Scan on
Movies Are In Seperate Folders That Match The Movie Title off
Scan Recursively on
Selected Folder Contains a Single Video Only off
Exclude Path From Library Updates off

This is assuming you have a root folder that the above folders are all in that is set as the source.
Just put each movie into it's own folder and check movies are in separate folders that match the movie title. Also, the folder should be named "Movie Name (Year)." You're really trying to reinvent the wheel here. The multi movie in the same folder system you're using is 10 times more trouble than whatever it's perceived worth is, which I can't even figure out what that might be. 10 seconds of time saved typing a folder name?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neverending Problems0