• 3(current)
[Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more.
Would anyone else enjoy a feature that allows you to set channels based on dates such as shark week, Christmas, other holidays, etc.? I've been pondering the idea of having all my Christmas movies being interleaved into the movie/episode selections depending upon dates. It would probably require scheduling a secondary program to run and re-evaluate the channel selection based on dates but it is a feature I've been pondering for a few days now. I'm just looking for more input prior to adding it to the features list.
Hey! I love this!!!

I built a similar Program called "PseudoTV Network Manager", and was thinking of coding an actual Builder, but now i don't have to...you made it perfect!

I just have to report 2 bugs.
1) If you want to add a new channel and press ok when no number is typed, or you press cancel, it gives an error.
2) We can have 999 channels again now, please remove your 200 channel limitation =)

You deserve a lot of Rep for this!
(2012-08-16, 09:23)Messiadbunny Wrote: Would anyone else enjoy a feature that allows you to set channels based on dates such as shark week, Christmas, other holidays, etc.? I've been pondering the idea of having all my Christmas movies being interleaved into the movie/episode selections depending upon dates. It would probably require scheduling a secondary program to run and re-evaluate the channel selection based on dates but it is a feature I've been pondering for a few days now. I'm just looking for more input prior to adding it to the features list.
I was thinking the same thing. But I was thinking of making it a channel instead. I was planning on making a channel once Halloween rolled around that ran nothing but Halloween episodes and movies. Same for Thanksgiving, Christmas etc... Had no idea how I was going to do it though. Tongue
i would dry hump your leg for this amazing program!

any idea for an eta on movie support?
Update 1.02
--------------------------

-Added support for alternate MySQL ports
-Fixed bugs when adding a channel with no value/cancelling it entirely.
-Increased 200 channel limit to 999
-Added movie support for genres and movie studios

(2012-08-18, 16:15)billotronic Wrote: any idea for an eta on movie support?

Ask and you shall receive Big Grin it should function for genres and studios. So, it should be setup so you know which channels to setup as mixed genre as well as specifically for movie studios.

(2012-08-17, 15:59)Keeper Wrote: Hey! I love this!!!

I built a similar Program called "PseudoTV Network Manager", and was thinking of coding an actual Builder, but now i don't have to...you made it perfect!

Your program is actually what inspired me to make my program. I wanted something that took a more-direct approach to the database itself as well as attempt to make an easier GUI for PseudoTV channel-management. So, figured I'd just bundle it all into one since PseudoTV is by far the most used add-on in my household.

(2012-08-17, 15:59)Keeper Wrote: 1) If you want to add a new channel and press ok when no number is typed, or you press cancel, it gives an error.
2) We can have 999 channels again now, please remove your 200 channel limitation =)

1) Fixed
2) Fixed

(2012-08-18, 01:01)gonzo90017 Wrote: I was thinking the same thing. But I was thinking of making it a channel instead. I was planning on making a channel once Halloween rolled around that ran nothing but Halloween episodes and movies. Same for Thanksgiving, Christmas etc... Had no idea how I was going to do it though. Tongue

That would work but I envision something along the lines of multiple interleaved channels running episodes that the plot contains "Halloween" and such in them since on your average TV station you get suddenly bombarded with all the Halloween episodes of TV shows past and present as well as movies. So, I would probably make an entirely separate program that you'd schedule to run every day at whatever time and it would then change the settings2.xml file according to the date(s) and then force a channel reset once you opened PseudoTV again. That way you could easily make holiday/special event scheduling possible. I will probably start working on it within the next few days.

Aw man that was fast! thanks for the update!!

Quick question though... wouldn't it be better to remove the save button?

I mean, instead of needing to tick something and pressing save, why not just save automatically?
I dunno, I just think it would be more intuitive..
Oh, I forgot about this feature completely... is it possible that PseudoTV Manager can update the .NFO files as well when you make changes?

I know you can export in xbmc, but if you have a large library it takes a long, long time...
i know this requires windows and .net framework.
i have xbmc on my raspberry pi (raspbmc).
what is the best approach to get this pseudo tv manager work?
You could set it up on a windows pc then transfer the settings2.xml file to the Pi, right?
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

(2012-08-20, 21:03)angrycamel Wrote: You could set it up on a windows pc then transfer the settings2.xml file to the Pi, right?

Yes, this is how I actually use it even though I have it on a windows HTPC I find it easier to tweak on my desktop(s).

Or, if you're using a MySQL library then it'll work as it is.
Ok, the offer of dry humping stands, but I am getting an error.

Paste of errors

screen cap of error box

running windows xp pro in a ubuntu host in virtual box. .net version is 4.0.30319 (sorry, can't tell you the other versions at the moment cause I am rdp'ed into virtual box. if important, I can provide those version numbers when I get home from work)

this seems to happen only 'sometimes' when the app starts but always when I click save on the settings dialog. trying to figure out a firm event for you right now.

best i can tell the program still works. I am setting channels at the moment and they are saved when I restart the app... so im pretty sure it is working.

hope this helps.

-b

[edit] I should say that I have not tested the results in xbmc, though looking at the settings2.xml for psuedo would leave me to believe its writing properly to the file [/edit]
[update] after toying around, I tried downloading the 'full' version of .net 4 and low and behold I can no longer get that error to pop up. never ran into this before, but maybe make a note of it for us old timers running xp?
I'm getting an error as well every time I click on a tv show:

Index and length must refer to a location within the string
Parameter name: length

Quote:************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and length must refer to a location within the string.
at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
at PseudoTV_Manager.Form1.TVShowList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Nate\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\XBMC Complete\XBMC Complete\Form1.vb:line 479
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

and this error whenever I click on a movie:

Index was outside the bounds of the array:

Quote:************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.InvokeMethod(Method TargetProcedure, Object[] Arguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags Flags)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack)
at PseudoTV_Manager.Module1.DbReadRecord(Object DBLocation, Object SQLStatement, Object[]& ColumnArray) in C:\Users\Nate\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\XBMC Complete\XBMC Complete\Module1.vb:line 81
at PseudoTV_Manager.Form1.MovieList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Nate\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\XBMC Complete\XBMC Complete\Form1.vb:line 1687
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WmReflectNotify(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListView.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I'm using a myslq database and all of the shows/movies seem to be populating correctly along with my channels, I just can't modify anything. I recieve these errors on my remote windows 7 machine as well as the vista machine that houses the database, any ideas? I'm running .net v4
awesome tool...thanks for the hard work.
(2012-08-22, 17:13)jdoggvt Wrote: I'm getting an error as well every time I click on a tv show:

Index and length must refer to a location within the string

I'm using a myslq database and all of the shows/movies seem to be populating correctly along with my channels, I just can't modify anything. I recieve these errors on my remote windows 7 machine as well as the vista machine that houses the database, any ideas? I'm running .net v4

Do you get those errors irrelevant of what TV show/Movie you select? Or it it just a select few?

The first appears to be an issue where I grab the sub-string of the file location for the TV shows, but I can't imagine you would have many paths less than 6 characters long total?

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Released] PseudoTV Manager - an easier way to configure PseudoTV channels and more.5