Linux XBMCbuntu Noob
I'm migrating off Windows Home Server to Eden as a media server. Installation has not been an issue but I'm pretty certain I did it wrong. My server has three 250GB drives that were dynamically partitioned as one drive under Windows. Currently, Eden just shows the single drive it's installed on. My question is what's the best architecture to use when setting the drives up and more importantly, how do I go about implementing it in the installation process?? Any assistance would be most appreciated!
Hi. I go serv2003 to xbmc htpc. Because my server handles the printer mainly. Not sure if xbmc it self handles striping, probably does.
Hi,

I think it has something to do with the HW used to RAID 0 your disks. I figure this is what you mean by a "one drive".
It´s common that mobo HW for RAID is not supported in Linux. Best supported RAID HW are dedicated PCI controllers.
It hapen to me with a Asus P5B-Deluxe mobo with a RAID 0 2xWD250GB and Ubuntu. Only a single WD500GB (not RAID) was recognized in Ubuntu.

I sugest you unRAID your disks after copying the content to other media/disks. THEN install XBMC.
Also, current Linux have a extensive printer driver library. Try to google your printer+ubuntu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu Noob0