My first DIY build and HTPC. Let's call it an 8-pack.
Am loving the pictures! Thanks for posting as this will help and inspire others that want to build one.
(2012-07-20, 00:41)_RT_ Wrote: Curious what the thoughts are on fans for the ML03B case.
Obviously I have the Scythe which is incredible. But I installed the Enermax Marathon case fan.
I can have it blow in or out and I can chose a spot in the case.

Right now, I have it blowing in and directly next to the CPU - thinking that it blows in cool air across the CPU and my Scythe blows that same air up and out of the case.

Any general thoughts on that plan?

I'm grabbing some dinner and then will upload some pics.

I have the same exact setup and went without a case fan.
You can find my temps on my build postings. and I also have the CPU fan speed set to 1.
However, to answer you question, the shuriken's fan pulls in air and blows straight down over the cpu,...
I see that you installed the case fan next to the shuriken. I would follow the same pattern of having this fan also sucking air in and blowing towards the cpu.
However, in my opinion,..I'd probably just remove that fan altogether.

I remember Beer recommending that I lower the shuriken's fan speed to level 1 (I had it set to 5),..and I wouldn't trust that advice for a while.
Eventually I did and measured temps before and after,.......and I am glad I heeded his advice.
This got the fan speed down (not that is was noisy at all) which lowers any noise it might have been making and still keeps CPU nice and cool.
I am building something very similar and think this is a cool case.
In case I ever need it, is the Silverstone ML03B tall enough to accomodate a full size graphics card?
(2012-07-20, 19:30)Bleikur Wrote: I am building something very similar and think this is a cool case.
In case I ever need it, is the Silverstone ML03B tall enough to accomodate a full size graphics card?

No,..you'll have to get a half-height card.
(2012-07-20, 19:30)Bleikur Wrote: In case I ever need it, is the Silverstone ML03B tall enough to accomodate a full size graphics card?
Expansion Card: 4x low profile

You're probably thinking of crossfire with this "PowerColor AX6670"......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-07-21, 08:27)bluray Wrote: Expansion Card: 4x low profile

Thank you. I don't know how I could have missed that.

(2012-07-21, 08:27)bluray Wrote: You're probably thinking of crossfire with this "PowerColor AX6670"......

I guess I am. Thanks.

I noticed that the case has two USB3 ports at the front. The MB I am buying ASRock A75 Pro4-M has no USB3 headers. Do you know if it is possible to replace the USB ports at the front to USB2 ports? This is probably something I should be asking Silverstone.
(2012-07-21, 11:02)Bleikur Wrote: I noticed that the case has two USB3 ports at the front. The MB I am buying ASRock A75 Pro4-M has no USB3 headers. Do you know if it is possible to replace the USB ports at the front to USB2 ports? This is probably something I should be asking Silverstone.

Just went through the manual. Included in the box is a USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 convertor cable. I guess that is to turn the front ports into USB 2.0 ports.
(2012-07-21, 11:47)Bleikur Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 11:02)Bleikur Wrote: I noticed that the case has two USB3 ports at the front. The MB I am buying ASRock A75 Pro4-M has no USB3 headers. Do you know if it is possible to replace the USB ports at the front to USB2 ports? This is probably something I should be asking Silverstone.

Just went through the manual. Included in the box is a USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 convertor cable. I guess that is to turn the front ports into USB 2.0 ports.

That's funny you mention that cable.
I had missed it altogether and had assembled the whole thing only to be bummed out, about the front usb,...that is, until I found the cable.
(2012-07-21, 11:47)Bleikur Wrote:

Most users overlooked the front USB 3.0 port, and they bought the mobo without internal USB 3.0 header. GIGABYTE GA-A75M-D2H included a USB 3.0 header. If you have a mobo without internal USB 3.0 header, you can install this "Silverstone Tek EC01-P".........

(2012-07-21, 18:36)bluray Wrote: If you have a mobo without internal USB 3.0 header, you can install this "Silverstone Tek EC01-P".........

Thanks for the tip.
(2012-07-21, 18:50)Bleikur Wrote:
(2012-07-21, 18:36)bluray Wrote: If you have a mobo without internal USB 3.0 header, you can install this "Silverstone Tek EC01-P".........

Thanks for the tip.
or this "Silverstone Tek EC04".....you'll have two extra rear USB 3.0 ports...

(2012-07-22, 18:03)bluray Wrote: ]or this "Silverstone Tek EC04".....you'll two extra rear USB 3.0 ports...

Thanks.
I plan to start off by connectiong the front ports to the USB 2.0 header and change them into USB 3.0 in case I need that later.
(2012-07-22, 19:24)Bleikur Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 18:03)bluray Wrote: ]or this "Silverstone Tek EC04".....you'll two extra rear USB 3.0 ports...

Thanks.
I plan to start off by connectiong the front ports to the USB 2.0 header and change them into USB 3.0 in case I need that later.
If you want to downgrade the front USB 3.0 ports to USB 2.0, you can use this "USB3.0 to USB2.0 Internal Header Adapter"......

(2012-07-22, 20:45)bluray Wrote: If you want to downgrade the front USB 3.0 ports to USB 2.0, you can use this "USB3.0 to USB2.0 Internal Header Adapter"......

And there is a USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 convertor cable included in the box with the Silverstone ML03B (at least according to the manual).
(2012-07-22, 22:00)Bleikur Wrote:
(2012-07-22, 20:45)bluray Wrote: If you want to downgrade the front USB 3.0 ports to USB 2.0, you can use this "USB3.0 to USB2.0 Internal Header Adapter"......

And there is a USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 convertor cable included in the box with the Silverstone ML03B (at least according to the manual).

There definitely is. I used it in my build.
Big Grin

Well, after a long weekend of customizing, I have *most* of what I want done accomplished.
I still need to figure out the remote control issue (meaning how I use my Harmony remote).
I've e-mailed ASRock as they have a receiver that will supposedly turn on the computer from *off*. As I really only intend to use the HTPC a few hours each evening (at most) I really want the ability to turn it off and on from the remote.
Hopefully I hear from ASRock today and I'll place the order.

The other unknown is what keyboard I get (if any). I may pick up one of the remote apps for my android phone and just use that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My first DIY build and HTPC. Let's call it an 8-pack.0