• 104(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hi,

Is there a limit on discography that is pulled? for instance with Madonna it only pulls in 10 items in Discography with Audodb as preferred and Audiodb has far more than 10 items? Couldn't find a parameter anywhere so just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I'm trying to update my TV library.
Getting the general show info and artwork is simple enough but I can't find a way download the individual episode overview and thumbnail...
I can click each episode and do this all manually but this would take forever.
How do I make it download automatically?

If I right click on a season or episode there is nothing there to do this... I see things like 'load stream details' and 'add to sync queue' but I have no idea what those 2 things are even for...
(2015-06-28, 15:37)huttdes Wrote: I'm trying to update my TV library.
Getting the general show info and artwork is simple enough but I can't find a way download the individual episode overview and thumbnail...
I can click each episode and do this all manually but this would take forever.
How do I make it download automatically?

If I right click on a season or episode there is nothing there to do this... I see things like 'load stream details' and 'add to sync queue' but I have no idea what those 2 things are even for...

Same procedure as updating TV Show, but select all episodes.
watch gallery
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Thanks marhutchy.... didn't even notice that dropdown tab was there, LOL.
Simple enough!!
(2015-06-28, 16:18)huttdes Wrote: Thanks marhutchy.... didn't even notice that dropdown tab was there, LOL.
Simple enough!!

LOL... no problem.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
I got a question about the bookmarks field within a tvshow episode.
I thought it was used for multi-episode-files for example to tell Kodi where the next episode starts.
But somehow there is no bookmark saved in my nfo file and the next time I start MediaElch the bookmark is set to 0 again.

Can someone clear me up please? Smile
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
First of all great software!!!

One issue. I started scraping and updating all my videos and all worked great. I renamed the folders and saved everything.

I have done something wrong as when I go into settings and set the folder path (which i deleted accidentally), then I press refresh and only videos i have recently put in that folder are imported. There are many videos i have not finished fixing but these don't get imported.

I have tried re-installing media each and changed the name of the parent folder, but no success.

This is driving me crazy as i finally found something which works on my mac, and it stopped halfway through.
Are you sure you selected the type correctly (movie, tv shows, music...).
I remember after a fresh install to re set it.
Definitely. I have spent 2 hours trying everything.

I have another copy of the videos on a different hard drive so i can do that. The only problem is i will have wasted 6 hours of work so far and will have to start it all again.

If I add a new video to the folder, that one will come up no problems, but the 1700 others are simply ignored.
Just try to rename the folder with the already updated videos, aka videos1 to video1 and try whether it gets added to the db. Since it's a completely "new" folder, all files should appear.
@moonos

So in MediaElch, when you go into Settings to add a folder location, you are also setting what type of folder it is (Movie, TV, Music) correct?

Also, in the same screen, there are options to set that folder to scan when you start MediaElch, or just look for new items, which do you have checked?

There is also a section below where you select your folder location, that has 'Words and Characters' to ignore. Check that your Folders don't contain any of the characters that MediaElch will ignore.
(2015-07-06, 08:09)Maaarv Wrote: I got a question about the bookmarks field within a tvshow episode.
I thought it was used for multi-episode-files for example to tell Kodi where the next episode starts.
But somehow there is no bookmark saved in my nfo file and the next time I start MediaElch the bookmark is set to 0 again.

Anyone?
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
(2015-07-07, 08:10)Maaarv Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 08:09)Maaarv Wrote: I got a question about the bookmarks field within a tvshow episode.

Anyone?

Are you asking about bookmarks in general?
If yes, then, there was a time when bookmarks were used to mark the beginning of another episode in a file where there's more than one episodes. In recent XBMC builds, that's no longer necessary. When I import a multi-episode file, it's separated in my library.
Bookmarks are just used to mark a position in a file.
I've never seen a bookmark tag in a nfo before.
Kodi 18.3
well you can do this with an <epbookmark> tag. I asked because in MediaElch there is a bookmark field but it seems that it does not work (at least for me). You can add bookmark manually nevertheless.
For example like this: <epbookmark>5920</epbookmark>
In this case the episode starts after 5920 seconds.
The reason you can do this is that the second episode within the same file starts at the correct time even if you choose the second episode in your kodi library.
Its very usefull for recorded tv shows aswell. For example to jump advertising before the tvshow actually starts.
Has anyone experienced the same issue with the bookmark field within MediaElch? Because I have many multi-episode-files and I don't want to change the nfo-file manually all the time Smile
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
(2015-07-06, 20:56)MasterPhW Wrote: Just try to rename the folder with the already updated videos, aka videos1 to video1 and try whether it gets added to the db. Since it's a completely "new" folder, all files should appear.

Tried that doesn't work still.

(2015-07-06, 21:50)Powerhouse Wrote: @moonos

So in MediaElch, when you go into Settings to add a folder location, you are also setting what type of folder it is (Movie, TV, Music) correct?

Yes

Also, in the same screen, there are options to set that folder to scan when you start MediaElch, or just look for new items, which do you have checked?

Tried both

There is also a section below where you select your folder location, that has 'Words and Characters' to ignore. Check that your Folders don't contain any of the characters that MediaElch will ignore.

Tried that also.

I just redid the whole lot. Took a long time but done now. What I found was if you use the rename selected files feature, those files will not reload. Seems a bit strange but that is my conclusion.

Edit: It seems to be working this time around. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9