• 107(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
As Owner permits, they are root access, create and delete files.

How permissions Group, are root access, access files.

Other permits as, for files, read only, for folders, access files

These I listed are the permissions for media / Movie_BluRay_NAS

For NFS fstab you have had to install an NFS client on your Linux distribution ..

Can you give me an example with NFS applied in fstab
(2015-08-18, 23:52)gotham_x Wrote: As Owner permits, they are root access, create and delete files.

How permissions Group, are root access, access files.

Other permits as, for files, read only, for folders, access files

These I listed are the permissions for media / Movie_BluRay_NAS

For NFS fstab you have had to install an NFS client on your Linux distribution ..

Can you give me an example with NFS applied in fstab

Aha! Nod

It seems that others than root do not have permission to create files. Please select the Movie_BluRay_NAS folder on your Ubuntu PC, right click and select properties. There you can change the permissions. You will need "gksu nautilus" to be able to change them. Make sure the permissions for the group users is set to "create and delete files". You might consider the same permissions for "others" but that's up to you.

That way you won't need NFS. If you still would like to change to that, let me know Smile

HTH
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
I forgot to say, when I log in as root "gksu nautilus" permissions that I listed in my previous post, are not changed, it is amazing that this happens as root gksu nautilus.
(2015-08-19, 21:35)gotham_x Wrote: I forgot to say, when I log in as root "gksu nautilus" permissions that I listed in my previous post, are not changed, it is amazing that this happens as root gksu nautilus.

You would only use gksu when you are logged in on your regular account. AFAIK it is not recommended to use your computer logged in as root.

So what you might want to try is to log in using your regular account (i.e. gotham) and use gksu to check permissions and change them if possible.

Please post back results!

HTH
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
My account Ubuntu is Linux, not Gotham, anyway I tried giving terminal (sudo su -) that acts as a director from the root and not from home with (gksu nautilus)
As owners, I also tried to put user (Linux) instead of Me, always comes back on Me.
You don't have to change the owner (root will be fine) but you would like to change the permissions for users and others as I have stated in my previous post. Try this while you are logged in as Linux and use gksu to change the permissions.

HTH
Hi.
Unfortunately even so you can change the permissions, always they return to the default.
I found this on the net, if you can give us an eye, maybe I know more myself.
I give you the link.

Mounted cifs share but no write permissions

Perhaps at this point you know so much that you have to intervene with a few changes on the line in / etc / fstab

I do not know how but '
Hi,

It is starting to look more like a user permission issue on your PC instead of a problem with your shares. I would not recommend exposing your user setup here on this forum but I would advise you to investigate what is different in your case.

Find yourself a best practice on user management on Ubuntu and compare that to your setup. I think you will find some discrepancies.

HTH
Quiet, I am careful in publishing sensitive information in a topic, posted the line in / etc / fstab and Ubuntu here is an account of fictional example.

Anyway, I'll see if there are inconsistencies, always where my skills with Linux allow it, but I must say, I run Windows programs via Wine and I have absolutely permission problems, and as mentioned earlier this happens not only on Ubuntu, but also in Linux Mint, have the same problem on a different environment / desktop, suggests that something is missing in the line mounted in / etc / fstab, but here 'stop my narrow competence, you just have to try Ember Media Manager, and see if it runs under Wine.
Hi.
EDIT: sort of figured out a quick fix for my issue. I just had to delete the NGOs and the movie showed back up on medieElch just fine and loaded into kodi just fine too. Now when ever I get a chance I'll have to go through and count all my movies and see if any others are giving me problems.
Question 
Hi
How can I use the extrafanarts, logos, ands cdArts downloaded by the software on Kodi. For what i'm seeing, kodi only reads the nfo file (where it isn't thumbnail, logos or cdArts references). Because of that I synchronized (or tried to) but it seems like it doesn't work.

My settings - I already have the Kore (Kody remote) working with the same parameters

System Info

Music Settings

It would be good if someone help me, especially on the extra fanarts that are useful for artists slideshow when music is playing
Thanks
@KODser: I think it depends on which skin you are using. I use Aeon Nox and that uses the extra fanart as a background while I browse my TV shows.
I haven't been able to find the setting to download imdb top250. Can somebody help?
(2015-09-05, 15:51)_J@n_ Wrote: @KODser: I think it depends on which skin you are using. I use Aeon Nox and that uses the extra fanart as a background while I browse my TV shows.
I forgot to say. I already solve the problem. I needed to set the path for the music folder on cdart manager addon as well as on the artists slidshow addon. For the cdart i changed the file names to the exact same name as the album and put them in the respective artist.

Thanks for the help anyway
A Good Day to everyone.

I hope you can share how you organize your files using MediaElch.

Can you give me and example of your TV shows?

I can't seem to get it to work. When scanning, the titles and fan art appears but when opening it, its just empty. Doesn't show seasons as well.

Mine is set like this,

TV Shows (Folder) - Game of Thrones (Folder) - Game of Thrones S01 (Folder) - Game of Thrones S01E01 (Video File)

I'm at work now but I read somewhere it should be,
Game of Thrones (Folder) - Season 1 (Folder) - Game of Thrones S01E01 (Video File)

Much appreciated,
Armen
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9