• 132(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
I maybe have a theory:
Any chance that at one point you may have had a secondary monitor? I know I've run into issues with two monitors and when one is removed, settings are retained for certain windows in applications to display on the secondary monitor, which no longer exists. To (hopefully) get this window back, do what you've been doing to get the window to appear. When you're able to get the "ding" sound when clicking on the main window, press the Windows button and the left/right arrow keys on the keyboard a few times until it hopefully shows up on your screen/monitor.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-24, 04:58)calvin8714 Wrote: I maybe have a theory:
Any chance that at one point you may have had a secondary monitor? I know I've run into issues with two monitors and when one is removed, settings are retained for certain windows in applications to display on the secondary monitor, which no longer exists. To (hopefully) get this window back, do what you've been doing to get the window to appear. When you're able to get the "ding" sound when clicking on the main window, press the Windows button and the left/right arrow keys on the keyboard a few times until it hopefully shows up on your screen/monitor.

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

I have thought of this....
Actually I'm running 3 monitors... sometimes 4. The fourth is a touchscreen that I sometimes use for Jukebox software or Bluestacks (Android emulator).
I've since unplugged the 4th. I've tried this with no other programs open or everything minimized so I would see it if it popped up behind something else.
But I also just did a fresh Win7 install yesterday.... Plus I've deleted ME multiple times... including the folder in the users folders and the registry.
I do think there can be something to this theory but not having any luck.
I've never heard of the win+left/right but I did try it and that didn't do anything. I've also tried alt/tab to scan through open apps... nothing either way.
HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Just plugged my 4th monitor back into the PC.... and guess what was waiting for me... WTF!!!
I DID THIS BEFORE!!!!
Anyway I dragged it back to my 3rd monitor and now that is where it will open from now on.

It's late! I'm going to bed... but at least that headache is over!

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate the time!
Woooooooooo!!! Big Grin

Weird that a fresh install of windows would still cause that window to appear on another monitor!

By the way: jealous of you having 3/4 monitors! I've got two myself

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-24, 05:45)huttdes Wrote: HHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Just plugged my 4th monitor back into the PC.... and guess what was waiting for me... WTF!!!
I DID THIS BEFORE!!!!
Anyway I dragged it back to my 3rd monitor and now that is where it will open from now on.

It's late! I'm going to bed... but at least that headache is over!

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate the time!

ha never would of thought of that Big Grin

Well least ya learned something new. gud job calvin of pointing to the issue.

Enjoy mediaelch its awesome Wink
Ha, thanks... sometimes its just overkill but sometimes its very useful.

As for the situation maybe I'm just getting my times mixed up. I was having 3 different issues all at the same time so it wasn't MediaElch alone that drove me to do a reinstall.
I thought I unplugged the monitor before the installation but it may not have been until after... I can't remember at this point. I spent a good bit of the weekend screwing with this. Everything is resolved and the reinstall had nothing to do with any of them, LOL... But a fresh install every once in awhile is a good thing!

and yeah the_bo I know... love ME... been using it a long time. Used a handful of others and like ME the best!
Only reason I can think of a fresh install having the image show up on another monitor is that perhaps that additional monitor is the "primary" connection on the motherboard/graphics card, not necessarily that the monitor is set to the primary display in windows' settings, if it persists across a fresh reinstall of windows. At least the problem is fixed though! Smile

Sent from my iPhone
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but as a 2nd day user of Media Elch I'm having issues that are probably just due to 'finger trouble'.
I'm happy using Kodi's embedded scrapers etc for mainstream movies, and can select different art through its own dialogs if needed.
However, for Home Movies I want to add specific fanart and poster.jpg images. I can get Elch to display the required alternate artwork and place appropriately named copies in the NAS folder alongside the movie. Elch creates an nfo, so I get all the actors, plot stuff, genre etc, but the nfo creates no reference to the fanart or poster, so Kodi does nothing with them (I have it set to scan local info only for Home Videos).

Secondly, once Kodi has pulled in the nfo information I can't get it to re-read an amended version when I hit 'Refresh' in Kodi movie information.... it just keeps asking for the movie title (and ignores the answers). Do I really have to learn to use command-line code to clear a cache somewhere?

Thanks
(2016-11-02, 00:30)teledu Wrote: Not sure if this is the right place to post, but as a 2nd day user of Media Elch I'm having issues that are probably just due to 'finger trouble'.
I'm happy using Kodi's embedded scrapers etc for mainstream movies, and can select different art through its own dialogs if needed.
However, for Home Movies I want to add specific fanart and poster.jpg images. I can get Elch to display the required alternate artwork and place appropriately named copies in the NAS folder alongside the movie. Elch creates an nfo, so I get all the actors, plot stuff, genre etc, but the nfo creates no reference to the fanart or poster, so Kodi does nothing with them (I have it set to scan local info only for Home Videos).

Ensure that the naming conventions of the art match your Kodi version. There's an option in MediaElch if I recall to use presets for different versions, otherwise you can set the names manually. Remember that if the movies are already imported into Kodi, it will not refresh the artwork automatically. You can either refresh the movie (read my next answer) or you can select the changed artwork from within Kodi.

(2016-11-02, 00:30)teledu Wrote: Secondly, once Kodi has pulled in the nfo information I can't get it to re-read an amended version when I hit 'Refresh' in Kodi movie information.... it just keeps asking for the movie title (and ignores the answers). Do I really have to learn to use command-line code to clear a cache somewhere?

Check your settings for the source. Normally when you choose to refresh a movie it'll say "Local information found...ignore and use the internet?" (from memory, but something like that), make sure you select NO here. It should refresh the movie with your updated info and artwork.
Hey dear Kodi Community,

why do i get recently just english plots instead of german like it did weeks ago?

nothing was changed in mediaelch. moviedv is tv scraper and language is set to german.

why do i get then english plots? maybe there is no german plat for that movie?
Can't select all movies via ctrl-a or drag and highlight movies via ctrl click drag, it will only allow me to select one and hold control to select more, any suggestions?
(2016-11-02, 16:07)garretn Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 00:30)teledu Wrote: Not sure if this is the right place to post, but as a 2nd day user of Media Elch I'm having issues that are probably just due to 'finger trouble'.

Ensure that the naming conventions of the art match your Kodi version. There's an option in MediaElch if I recall to use presets for different versions, otherwise you can set the names manually. Remember that if the movies are already imported into Kodi, it will not refresh the artwork automatically. You can either refresh the movie (read my next answer) or you can select the changed artwork from within Kodi.

(2016-11-02, 00:30)teledu Wrote: Secondly, once Kodi has pulled in the nfo information I can't get it to re-read an amended version when I hit 'Refresh' in Kodi movie information.... it just keeps asking for the movie title (and ignores the answers). Do I really have to learn to use command-line code to clear a cache somewhere?

Check your settings for the source. Normally when you choose to refresh a movie it'll say "Local information found...ignore and use the internet?" (from memory, but something like that), make sure you select NO here. It should refresh the movie with your updated info and artwork.

Thanks for responding garretn; Blush I did have an error (extra spaces) in my naming for the test I was doing, so that solved the artwork display.
The refresh problem only went away when I cleared the library and started again, so maybe a minor bug somewhere. I'm now 'in control' for Home Video.
Only thing I don't understand now is why the 'basic' nfo created by Elch (and perhaps superfluous for mainstream movies) gets overwritten or amended with a whole load of web-reference artwork in many language options, presumably pulled from the Kodi database? If Elch allows us to select alternate artwork (e.g. poster.jpg) but doesn't include it in the nfo, what's the point?
Question 
Hello,
I am thinking of using this plugin to improve my media library.
I was wondering whether it is possible to import data from Synology's DS Videostation and also
if it is possible to import data from Kodi?
I am running OSMC/Kodi on a RPI3.
Thank you !
RPI 3 with OSMC Aeon Nox and KODI 17.5
How do you all deal with documentaries? I have a lot which are part of regular TV programmes. Will these be found when I scrape them as series?
RPI 3 with OSMC Aeon Nox and KODI 17.5
I imagine those are considered similar to OAVs/OVAs/Specials, in which case you'd check to see if thetvdb.com (or the scraper in question) has them listed under specials. If it does, then place them under your directory tree as season 0 matching whatever episode number it has on the website for the Specials season. In the event they aren't listed, you have two options really:

- Add them to the scraper website (contribute!) if you feel they *do* belong there. Remember that places like TheTVDB (Read their guidelines) only refresh their API once every 15 or so minutes, so give it time to show up in programs like MediaElch or Kodi itself.

- Simply do it manually. To show in your library, it has to be under a season, so I'd still use Season 0, then in MediaElch they'll show up and you simply manually enter the information.
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9