• 2(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
As I said earlier, support for episodes in season folders will be added in the next release Wink

(2012-07-18, 20:42)Steini Wrote: Looks good, but I cannot compile.. CMakeLists.txt seems to be missing

Just try "qmake && make". I was a little bit muddled when I wrote those compile hints...
(2012-07-18, 15:17)MasterPhW Wrote: For example Æon Flux: If you search it with OFDB it will be called Æon Flux - Blicke der Zukunft ins Auge and the tagline will be empty, all other scraper will call it Æon Flux and use the Blicke der Zukunft ins Auge for the tagline. It seems, that OFDB sometimes adds the tagline after the title, so it's not really an Elch problem.

Yes this is caused by OFDb. They simply don't have any tagline in their database and append it mostly to the title.
For those of you using Ubuntu: I just added amd64 and i386 packages for Precise.
Looks good - Linux based Media Manager needed for a long time.

Comment:

Won't scrape or detect .mp4 in TV shows.
(probably same for movies - most files now in this format)

LinuxMint13 x64 Cinnamon
(2012-07-20, 11:44)teemac Wrote: Won't scrape or detect .mp4 in TV shows.
(probably same for movies - most files now in this format)

Just fixed it, stay tuned for the next version maybe out end of next week.
Any suggestions for installing on Ubuntu 11.10?
qmake && make give a command not found
(2012-07-22, 05:54)bionic1234 Wrote: Any suggestions for installing on Ubuntu 11.10?
qmake && make give a command not found

You need to install some dependencies first:
Code:
apt-get install libqt4-dev qt4-qmake libqt4-sql libqt4-sql-sqlite libqt4-sql-mysql libqt4-script libqt4-xml libqt4-core libqt4-gui libqt4-network libmysqlclient18
should install all you need to compile MediaElch.
Hi Komet,
just tried the Mac version and looks like none of my movies are found.
i access the movies on a nas system and they are organized in different volumes :
/Volumes/Movie/Movie/Movies
/Volumes/TV/TV/TV-Produktionen
/Volumes/DVD/DVD/DVD - HD

underneath all movies are stored in different directories ( one directory / movie with the exception of sequels these are stored in subdirectories)
anyway i just got the searching for movies box and after couple of secounds nothing was found.
this happens regardless of the xbmc method ( database or xml file )
Any idea what i am doing wrong ? ( ember and other mediamanager find more or less everything.
Looking forward to your help
Linus
I really love this project! In fact there are only a few features missing preventing from me switching over permanently from EMM, I've only tested the movie half so far and I'll test TV later. I've marked the features I think would be the most useful in bold.
  • One-Click Scrape - It'd be great to be able to right-click on a movie and have it 'search' for the info
  • Intelligent Scrape - Instead of searching using the whole file name "Normal 2007 DVDRip XviD-CuCu" it might search for just "Normal 2007"
  • Hover or alt click poster/backdrop zoom - You only get a thumnail view of the posters. I'm rather anal about my posters and I hate it when it scrapes a foreign one, I can't tell if the one I'm picking is or not because the writing is too small
  • File-renaming. This is a big one. Ember had a brilliant customisable renaming/moving system, it'd be great to see something similar implemented.
  • UK certifications. Currently TheMovieDB only scrapes American ones, an option would be nice.
  • Ignore/delete sample files
(2012-07-22, 13:40)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
just tried the Mac version and looks like none of my movies are found.
i access the movies on a nas system and they are organized in different volumes :
/Volumes/Movie/Movie/Movies
/Volumes/TV/TV/TV-Produktionen
/Volumes/DVD/DVD/DVD - HD

underneath all movies are stored in different directories ( one directory / movie with the exception of sequels these are stored in subdirectories)
anyway i just got the searching for movies box and after couple of secounds nothing was found.
this happens regardless of the xbmc method ( database or xml file )
Any idea what i am doing wrong ? ( ember and other mediamanager find more or less everything.
Looking forward to your help
Linus
What file extensions do your movies have? Maybe I missed one (like .mp4, which will be added in the next release...)
Have you added all your movie directories in the settings dialog? After adding and hitting the "Save" button in the settings dialog, could you just restart MediaElch and leave it open for a few minutes?

(2012-07-22, 20:43)Arranf Wrote: I really love this project! In fact there are only a few features missing preventing from me switching over permanently from EMM, I've only tested the movie half so far and I'll test TV later. I've marked the features I think would be the most useful in bold.
  • One-Click Scrape - It'd be great to be able to right-click on a movie and have it 'search' for the info
  • Intelligent Scrape - Instead of searching using the whole file name "Normal 2007 DVDRip XviD-CuCu" it might search for just "Normal 2007"
  • Hover or alt click poster/backdrop zoom - You only get a thumnail view of the posters. I'm rather anal about my posters and I hate it when it scrapes a foreign one, I can't tell if the one I'm picking is or not because the writing is too small
  • File-renaming. This is a big one. Ember had a brilliant customisable renaming/moving system, it'd be great to see something similar implemented.
  • UK certifications. Currently TheMovieDB only scrapes American ones, an option would be nice.
  • Ignore/delete sample files
Thanks for the input. Some of your requested features are already on the roadmap (different types of certifications, adjustable size of previews, file renaming).

Do you think one click scrape is really needed? Currently you just have to choose the movie and click the "Search" button...

Intelligent scrape would require some smart algorithm and a little bit of guessing what's the name of the movie and what not. DVDRip, xvid and so on can be skipped, but "CuCu" could also be the name of the movie. I don't know if there are some very common naming schemes like, in your example, "movie title year other stuff".

Ignoring sample files would also require some kind of criterion to decide wether it is a sample or not. Skip files less than xx MB or skip files with "sample" in the name...
Well, usually it`s the movie name, followed by the year, and then the rest of the crap they put in the file name, that`s the way pirated movies are found on trackers/usenet. What you could do is generate a list of years, starting from 1900 to 2100 for example, and read the name string until it hits the year matching one of the items in the previously generated table of numbers, and stop there.
Hi Komet,
You are right, waiting for 10 Minutes done the trick ( got a lot movies, but looks like we have a small issue here )

most movies got mkv as extension, only the BR Structure work with m2ts files ( as every Bluray )
all Directories contain the moviename (releaseyear) f.e. meine erfundene Frau (2011) or Micmacs - Uns gehört Paris (2004)
most of the movies are already scraped with ember so the directory contain the usual Fanart movie jpgs.
Problem occours with dvd Blueray structures and also with Movies splitt into several parts (cd01cd02 etc. )

all m2ts files froma stream directory count as a seperate movie entryso having couple of hundreds DVD & another hundreds Blueray will generate tons of movie entries ( for every single ts / m2ts file )
in addition to that the movie title is the filename and not the directory name ( so i got now a lot of 00000 movies. and a least the former fanart / poster for this movies are not recognized.

Hopefully this helps to improve your program. its a great start with simple and clean ui. Thanks for your effort.
Best Regards
Linus

In case you need more information pls let me know.

Supporting people downloading pirated movies from the internet? No. Undecided

I wonder if this is really helpful for most of the users, a simple regex taking every character before a four letter digit.
Maybe it's enough to add an option "Movies are in separate folders" and take the folder name as base for the search. (yes, this is on the roadmap too *g)
(2012-07-23, 20:44)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
You are right, waiting for 10 Minutes done the trick ( got a lot movies, but looks like we have a small issue here )

most movies got mkv as extension, only the BR Structure work with m2ts files ( as every Bluray )
all Directories contain the moviename (releaseyear) f.e. meine erfundene Frau (2011) or Micmacs - Uns gehört Paris (2004)
most of the movies are already scraped with ember so the directory contain the usual Fanart movie jpgs.
Problem occours with dvd Blueray structures and also with Movies splitt into several parts (cd01cd02 etc. )

all m2ts files froma stream directory count as a seperate movie entryso having couple of hundreds DVD & another hundreds Blueray will generate tons of movie entries ( for every single ts / m2ts file )
in addition to that the movie title is the filename and not the directory name ( so i got now a lot of 00000 movies. and a least the former fanart / poster for this movies are not recognized.

Hopefully this helps to improve your program. its a great start with simple and clean ui. Thanks for your effort.
Best Regards
Linus

In case you need more information pls let me know.

An option to support movies in single directories will be added in the next release and also detection of BluRay directory structures. This should eliminate your main problems.
Splitted/stacked movies should be handled already. Could you provide the exact names of the part files?
Hi Komet,
Just started your app and waiting for gathering the information.
Maybe for people with hughe libs it would be nice to have a progress indicator during startup.
it would also be nice to work with a local db, eben if i am using the sqlite db from xbmc it takes ages ( more or less the same time ) until everything show up.
Back to your question:
one example :
Police Story I uncut (dirname)
Police Story I uncut CD1.avi
Police Story I uncut CD2.avi

generates 2 entries second one for filename Police Story I uncut CD2.avi with the title Police Story I uncut CD1

Another "small" Problem
ember works with two options for metainformation
1) metafilenames == Moviefilename
2) metainformation is stored in files named fanart.jpg, folder.jpg. movie.jpg, movie.nfo, movie.tbn, etc.
if a directory contains only the second option your program seems to ignore the information.
This might be a usefull option for the future.

Best regards and thx for your effort
Linus

Edit :
Maybe an additional feature request : if you present poster or fanarts it would be nice to see actually the different resolutions and(or zoom in into the pictures) so we can actually choose the best picture we have ( or thing we have :-))
(2012-07-24, 21:38)Linusorg Wrote: Hi Komet,
Just started your app and waiting for gathering the information.
Maybe for people with hughe libs it would be nice to have a progress indicator during startup.
it would also be nice to work with a local db, eben if i am using the sqlite db from xbmc it takes ages ( more or less the same time ) until everything show up.
Back to your question:
one example :
Police Story I uncut (dirname)
Police Story I uncut CD1.avi
Police Story I uncut CD2.avi

generates 2 entries second one for filename Police Story I uncut CD2.avi with the title Police Story I uncut CD1

Another "small" Problem
ember works with two options for metainformation
1) metafilenames == Moviefilename
2) metainformation is stored in files named fanart.jpg, folder.jpg. movie.jpg, movie.nfo, movie.tbn, etc.
if a directory contains only the second option your program seems to ignore the information.
This might be a usefull option for the future.

Best regards and thx for your effort
Linus
I don't know how big your collection is but I think the bottleneck in your case is your NAS. My collection is also stored on a NAS and is about 1500 movies and 2700 tv show episodes and these are scanned in less than a minute.
I won't implement a local db as this may cause more problems and confusion than it benefits. Maybe I'll add some kind of caching later.

Splitted files: I created the folder and files like yours bout I could not reproduce the problem. Movie is listed as "Police Story I uncut CD1" in MediaElch containing two files, "Police Story I uncut CD1.avi" and "Police Story I uncut CD2.avi".

Support for meta files named not like the movie file will be added later.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9