Req Call Addon using JSON
There's no pull request because I never finished it. You can find it as part of this branch in my repo: https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/compa...ver_python but the code base is very outdated.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Oh sorry if I wasn't clear - I meant the pull request you mention for jcarroll's python changes. I realize there is no pull request for your stuff Tongue
There you go: PR901
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Now that 901 is all finished, is there any schedule for 821?
I noticed too that it was finished. Does this mean that now is a good time to start messing with addons registering their own custom RPC functions? Big Grin
(2012-09-16, 15:45)rogerthis Wrote: Now that 901 is all finished, is there any schedule for 821?
I've withdrawn PR821 for now because I don't like the implementation of ExecuteAddon().

(2012-09-16, 15:50)Fahr Wrote: I noticed too that it was finished. Does this mean that now is a good time to start messing with addons registering their own custom RPC functions? Big Grin
There's still an additional step needed (i.e. being able to execute python scripts synchronously and not asynchronously) and I've already talked with jcarroll about it and he had/has plans to allow this as well.
This would be one of the most amazing features of XBMC. It essentially gives the XBMC client some server-like functionality. If we can control the XBMC from a remote touch-panel (Android, iPad, etc) and receive feedback to the touch-panel (even if it is simply text feedback via JSON) the possibilities for true control of XBMC become outstanding. This, along with the XBMC running on the RaspberryPi, allow a user to build a complete media center system that can push music/video to an unlimited number of zones from an unlimited number of sources through a home - or even a commercial setting if one wanted. We replace a $7,000 media center application with an XBMC solution that would cost roughly $500.

I'm extremely excited to see this functionality implemented. I'm not that sophisticated as a programmer, but I can test and track down issues, etc. How can I help?
Great to see that https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/821 is alive again, and set to merge in October. I thought when it got quashed that we wouldn't see it in Frodo.
It's only one way, fire and forget. You could not for example; use the global search addon and get a list of results. Something is still better than nothing though Smile
AWXi - Ajax web interface. Wiki
(2012-10-10, 18:59)Mizaki Wrote: It's only one way, fire and forget. You could not for example; use the global search addon and get a list of results. Something is still better than nothing though Smile

actually you can
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Code:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": { "wait": true, "addonid": "script.artwork.downloader", "params": [ "mediatype=tvshow", "medianame=Last Resort" ] },  "id": 2}
How do I get the info back of how many downloaded? Smile
You don't, there's no backchannel from the addons because apart from scripts and plugins addons aren't really meant to give something back to the caller.
Btw you can pass your addon arguments differently i.e.
Code:
"params": { "mediatype": "tvshow", "medianame": "Last Resort" }
which IMO is a bit easier to read.
That's what I thought Smile Yeah, I saw that with the params. Easier to read but harder to spot they are params for the addon so I'm in two minds about which way to go.
Did PR 821 make it into Frodo before the Feature Freeze?
Yes it has been merged a while ago.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call Addon using JSON0