start xmbc program from remote?
hey guys

Just got XMBC remote, its sick I can change tracks on the media PC from anywhere in the house

one semi-big problem..

my media pc is windows 7 x64, if XMBC isn't open on the media pc then the remote doesnt work.. can you add a feature that lets the android remote start the xmbc program on the host machine? im guessing you'd need to make xmbc a system service to do this..

cheers
gfunk
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98772
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Hey Henry

I saw that thread when originally searching, was hoping you could do it using the existing (official) program & remote

hopefully it's on the cards..
Another solution is my little program, you can do that then with the help of the remote (You then can just use the button "Turn Power On" in the remote:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101040
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Yatse Widget is shipped with Xbmc Starter that does that from the remote.

V2 with full media browsing will soon arrive.
Mhm, I like the idea behind Yatse, seeing as a "Now Playing"-Widget would be so great for XBMC. Unfortunately I think that the widgets are ugly (No offense, but it really doesn't fit the overall style of my Homescreen - everything being dark and...uhm..."shiny"). But Google Play mentions that you have skinning support in the bought version - can you post a link to some skins? That would be awfully nice of you Smile I would be buying the unlocker then.

You have screen shots of the dark and shiny skin in the unlocker in the market Wink

It's very hard to find a default skin that suits to everybody I wanted to set Yatse Widget full free with a Donate option, giving donors a skin feature to thanks them seems a good compromise.

At the moment only 2 skins since my skinner don't have any more time Sad but I hope to give more as I find some people to make them Smile
Ah - allright then, thanks for the reply, I'll buy it then tonight (my network connection at work is running through a proxy which blocks images from google's playstore (because that makes a lot of sense, security-wise Rofl )
But I just found some pictures of the skin on your website (no image-blocking there... yeah... our proxy admins really don't know what they are doing...) and it looks great. Thanks again!

P.S: I really don't mind buying apps any longer as long as the developement is steady and I'll use the app for a long time (and I probably will use this for years) - seeing that your app easily fits that description, I don't mind supporting you!

(2012-07-18, 09:48)HenryFord Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98772

(2012-07-18, 09:52)gfunk Wrote: Hey Henry

I saw that thread when originally searching, was hoping you could do it using the existing (official) program & remote

hopefully it's on the cards..

Just a little input: You can create shortcuts on your home screen with Remote Launcher. So you won't have to actually start the app up and then launch xbmc. A single click on an icon on your home screen will suffice Smile
+1 that's how i do it. pretty painless

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
start xmbc program from remote?0