MediaPortal Control Script in the making
Star 
since the author (thechad) of this script has not posted an anancement here in the official xbmc forums i thought i at least post a link to ithere (link) :d
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
oh man,

this is fantastic

at last someone is doing this
i'd love to switch from mytheatre to media portal.... let me know what you are running.... thanks

h0und
i have released an update to the scripts. please see thread
xbmc - mediaportal python scripts
completed some more updates and scripts are running quite stable now. also uses xbmcsp now and includes grid based epg.

plugin website with download

nice!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
n1! :bowdown:

now we have to wait for mp 0.2rc2. hopefully with the new tv-engine, for users with a pvr-card (analog) to watch recorded tv . Confusedaint:
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
is it also possible to directly stream tv to xbmc? or do u have to record and watch later?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
solo:
you can watch recorded tv now providing you have converted it to mpeg using mediaportals compress function

donj:
sorry it is not possible to watch live tv on the xbox using mediaportal yet.
has anyone made it work with mp 0.2 rc2 ? and .net 2.0 ?
hi olbo,

i will be upgrading my dev machine to .net 2.0 and mediaportal rc2 as well as visual studio 2005 this weekend. will need to see if any changes have to be made to suit mp but all going well should be updated by late next week.
small update to 0.6b

this adds suport for mediaportal 0.2 rc2 and has been recompiled against .net 2.0 and latest mp sources.

get it here:
download
thanks thechad
works great with rc2 and dotnet2 !
keep up the great work chad
i have had to move my pc to windows mce as i found mediaportal to unstable but i wait for the day when mp is stable and your plugin streams live tv.

that will be a great day as mp has loads of great features.

great to see the move to vs2005 & .net 2.0
Has anyone looked into the possibility of using Media Portal's new TV-Server as a back-end for xbmc to schedule and watch tv? Their new tv engine allows a backend TV-Server to have multiple frontends and from what I understand doesn't require Media Portal itself on the server end.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3

Plugins can be written for the tv server to do different things for example:
  1. EPG importing
  2. transcoding recordings
  3. controlling external settopboxes when changing channels
  4. Possibly even formatting tv-server to work better with xbmc
For anyone interested/willing to work on this I would help in any way I can.
Currently I use MythTV as a backend for tv I think this would be a nice windows alternative.

Sorry for double posting, accidentally posted this in the wrong section.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaPortal Control Script in the making0