How to select Blu Ray stream?
How can I select the Blu Ray video stream I want to watch? I'm trying to watch Wrath of the Titans, and when I play the movie it plays the directors commentary stream. I want to watch the main movie.
If you update to a newer build, the Frodo snapshots, you get a list of streams when you start playing a bluray
I have just installed Eden 11.0. What else do I need to do? I am not sure what you mean by Frodo snapshots? Can you please be more specific.
If you are trying to watch blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM, there are seveal ways to watch it using XBMC.

1. XBMC Play Disc option
2. XBMC index.bdmv option by selecting videos>files>bd-rom drive>bdmv>index.bdmv
3. XBMC m2ts option by selecting videos>files>bd-rom drive>bdmv>stream>select the largest m2ts
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I am playing the Blu-Ray from bdmv files.
Frodo snapshots are monthly builds (wiki) of the in-development version of XBMC that will eventually become XBMC v12 (code named Frodo). They have cutting edge features, but also contain bugs and incomplete this or that.
I'm new at this, but I think I can help.

My understanding of your question is that you want one of the main audio streams, not the commentary track, but that the video that plays is what you want. Is that correct?

If so, then while the movie is playing, hover your mouse pointer in the lower right hand corner of the screen. You should see a button that looks like a speaker with sound waves coming out. Click on that. A window should pop up with the fourth line down being "Audio stream". You can move through the available selections by clicking the up or down triangles on the right. Start trying them out, one by one, till you get the one you want. The descriptions generally show the encoding, but not the content.

Does that answer your question?

dgktkr

(2012-07-24, 02:25)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: How can I select the Blu Ray video stream I want to watch? I'm trying to watch Wrath of the Titans, and when I play the movie it plays the directors commentary stream. I want to watch the main movie.

Yep, the OSD should let you select which audio track you want.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...Display.29
You can convert it to m2ts file, and strip off all un-wanted audio codecs. You'll save some space too. You can use this freeware "tsMuxer", and it take <10 minutes to convert it.......you'll not have to waste time trying to select the correct audio during movie......!
The video that plays is not the one I want. It is playing the directors commentary video w/ behind the scense footage on how they made the movie. My problem is with selecting the Video stream, not audio. I want to keep both the main movie and directors behind the scenes video/audio commentary . I just want to know how to switch between them. I know with other media programs I can right click to get a list of video streams to select. How can I do this in XBMC?
I don't think you can switch once the video is already playing. Is the special feature longer than the movie itself? I think the internal player chooses the longest title by default. I think you will have to go with option #3 below but it may not be obvious which stream is the one you want.

(2012-07-24, 06:37)bluray Wrote: If you are trying to watch blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM, there are seveal ways to watch it using XBMC.

1. XBMC Play Disc option
2. XBMC index.bdmv option by selecting videos>files>bd-rom drive>bdmv>index.bdmv
3. XBMC m2ts option by selecting videos>files>bd-rom drive>bdmv>stream>select the largest m2ts

(2012-07-24, 20:58)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: The video that plays is not the one I want. It is playing the directors commentary video w/ behind the scense footage on how they made the movie. My problem is with selecting the Video stream, not audio. I want to keep both the main movie and directors behind the scenes video/audio commentary . I just want to know how to switch between them. I know with other media programs I can right click to get a list of video streams to select. How can I do this in XBMC?
If you have other media players "TMT5 & PDVD11", it will be better for this purpose....you can configure XBMC external player using this thread- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.......

(2012-07-24, 21:21)bluray Wrote:
(2012-07-24, 20:58)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: The video that plays is not the one I want. It is playing the directors commentary video w/ behind the scense footage on how they made the movie. My problem is with selecting the Video stream, not audio. I want to keep both the main movie and directors behind the scenes video/audio commentary . I just want to know how to switch between them. I know with other media programs I can right click to get a list of video streams to select. How can I do this in XBMC?
If you have other media players "TMT5 & PDVD11", it will be better for this purpose....you can configure XBMC external player using this thread- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.......

I do have TMT5 and this is a decent option. I prefer to use XBMC though because movies load so quickly and play in the background when navigating to other menus.
I'll try TMT5 until there is a solution.
(2012-07-24, 06:37)bluray Wrote: If you are trying to watch blu-ray disc directly on BD-ROM, there are seveal ways to watch it using XBMC.

1. XBMC Play Disc option

Is there a way to get the blu-ray stream menu up with a function or window call? I want to add a submenu item that calls it up and I tried PlayMedia("D:\BDMV\index.bdmv, return") but it just plays the movie rather than opening the menu.

If I navigate to that file via Vidoes - > Files and hit return I get the stream menu <- how can I do that with a function?

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to select Blu Ray stream?0