• 68(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
(2014-04-26, 13:15)baijuxavior Wrote: If you use custom registry key you should also use the custom keymap. After rebooting it should work.
Excellent, that works perfectly.
Thank you.
Regards,
XBMCLuver.
Before upgrading to Win 8.1b I thought to ask if there are any problems with XBMC Launcher in the newest system update?
(2014-04-28, 09:08)stiwi Wrote: Before upgrading to Win 8.1b I thought to ask if there are any problems with XBMC Launcher in the newest system update?

I'm still on Win 8, so don't know if there will be any problems with 8.1b.
I am still pretty new to XBMC and would appreciate some help. I'm trying to make my new i5 NUC with Win 7 64 Bit as wife-friendly as possible. I wanted to try XBMCLauncher to help with starting the program and stopping it prior to suspend or shutting down. I have installed the Launcher, but it isn't launching XBMC. I have searched the forums and am not turning up any help.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.
Your software is fantastic. Lot of problems solved with xbmc...
One little request. I use my home theater to play games also. So I would like to see more External apps Groups (now I can add 9 apps maximum to prevent XBMC from focusing, something needed for games to show with XBMC). Can this be made to add as many apps you want? Thank you for your great job!
(2014-05-03, 20:32)xbdmbcpnw Wrote: I am still pretty new to XBMC and would appreciate some help. I'm trying to make my new i5 NUC with Win 7 64 Bit as wife-friendly as possible. I wanted to try XBMCLauncher to help with starting the program and stopping it prior to suspend or shutting down. I have installed the Launcher, but it isn't launching XBMC. I have searched the forums and am not turning up any help.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Please check the settings. Option to start xbmc with launcher should be selected. Also check the path of xbmc.

(2014-05-04, 07:14)bgmordred Wrote: Your software is fantastic. Lot of problems solved with xbmc...
One little request. I use my home theater to play games also. So I would like to see more External apps Groups (now I can add 9 apps maximum to prevent XBMC from focusing, something needed for games to show with XBMC). Can this be made to add as many apps you want? Thank you for your great job!

This is possible by editing the source code. I may change the code later to include as many apps one requires. But I'm busy now so can't specify when the next version will be released.
(2014-05-04, 09:07)baijuxavior Wrote: [quote='xbdmbcpnw' pid='1698013' dateline='1399141927']
I am still pretty new to XBMC and would appreciate some help. I'm trying to make my new i5 NUC with Win 7 64 Bit as wife-friendly as possible. I wanted to try XBMCLauncher to help with starting the program and stopping it prior to suspend or shutting down. I have installed the Launcher, but it isn't launching XBMC. I have searched the forums and am not turning up any help.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Please check the settings. Option to start xbmc with launcher should be selected. Also check the path of xbmc.

Thanks, but I checked all settings and path and all are correct. Is it 64 bit compatible? I also tried compatibility mode - no joy.
I cant Believe I Haven't installed this already...Thank you much
(2014-05-04, 17:29)xbdmbcpnw Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 09:07)baijuxavior Wrote: [quote='xbdmbcpnw' pid='1698013' dateline='1399141927']

Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, but I checked all settings and path and all are correct. Is it 64 bit compatible? I also tried compatibility mode - no joy.

This application works in 64bit os also. Have you selected xbmclauncher as shell?
(2014-05-05, 05:03)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-05-04, 17:29)xbdmbcpnw Wrote:

Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance.

This application works in 64bit os also. Have you selected xbmclauncher as shell?

Yes
When you start your system, can you see the desktop or is it blank? Installing the launcher in admin mode may help.
(2014-05-05, 15:54)baijuxavior Wrote: When you start your system, can you see the desktop or is it blank? Installing the launcher in admin mode may help.

When I start up, I have the Windows desktop. I''m pretty sure I tried Run As Administrator, but will try again this weekend to be sure and will report back.

Thanks
System Details:
Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
XBMC - Frodo 12.3
EventGhost - Version 0.4.1.r1640

Hi guys

This is a great app, and just what I was looking for to enable me to make my media centre run more efficiently, and also to launch more like a set-top media centre.

However I am having a bit of difficulty and would appreciate some help if possible.

Prior to using XBMC Launcher I had Windows launching as per usual and set up both XBMC and the program 'EventGhost' to launch with Windows by putting them in the 'Startup' folder.

EventGhost is an integral part of my media centre setup and I use it, along with it's Task Create/ Switch Events plugin to monitor the system and automate several things.

For example I have attached a Microsoft Wireless Gaming Reveiver to my PC so that I am able to use my 360 gamepad to control the PC. I then used the 'Xpadder' program to create several different button configurations that enable me to control the various different applications, games and emulators that I use.

EventGhost runs in the background and monitors what is the current active application. When I switch applications EventGhost sees this and sends a command to Xpadder telling it to switch button configurations accordingly.

For example, when XBMC is running then Xpadder will be using the XBMC button configuration that I have created. If I then launch the MAME emulator (either using the Rom Collection Browser, or the Advanced Launcher Add-on) EventGhost see's this and switches the Xpadder button configuration to the one that I have created for MAME.

Please note, I am aware that XBMC now has 360 controller compatability built in, which would mean that I wouldn't need a specific Xpadder configuration for XBMC, but I use my own customised button layout that I prefer.

This all runs fine when launching Windows the standard way.

However when I change the shell from Explorer to XBMC Launcher this no longer works. When Explorer is not running and I launch a different application EventGhost does not seem to register this change, and therefore my Xpadder Gamepad configuration doesn't change.

It appears to me that either EventGhost or the Task Create/Switch Events plugin may require Explorer to be running in order to be able to monitor the system.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case, and if so does anyone know a possible workaround to this problem that will enable me to use EventGhost without Explorer runing, maybe using a different plugin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Matt
(2014-05-08, 13:51)xbdmbcpnw Wrote:
(2014-05-05, 15:54)baijuxavior Wrote: When you start your system, can you see the desktop or is it blank? Installing the launcher in admin mode may help.

When I start up, I have the Windows desktop. I''m pretty sure I tried Run As Administrator, but will try again this weekend to be sure and will report back.

Thanks

Check the taskmanager for XBMCLauncher process. Is it running?

@MatthewHope, I don't have XBox controller. Probably it needs explorer as you have mentioned. You can add explorer.exe as an external app in the launcher.
Hiya

Thanks for responding to my message.

Xbox Controller does work without Explorer, it's EventGhost that doesn't appear to work without it.

Wouldn't it be pointless to add explorer.exe as an external app. I thought the whole idea of XBMCLauncher was to replace the shell of Windows so that just XBMC launches instead, but if you added Explorer.exe wouldn't that mean Winoiws would load as per usual, it would just be started via the XBMCLauncher instead of by the usual method.

I am no expert though, and maybe wrong, so if I am please let me know and I'll give it a try.

Thanks again

Matt
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20