• 66(current)
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
(2014-03-14, 09:57)panchon Wrote: have you enabled the option, it boots directly on the desktop?

I don't think so. When it boots I get to the tiles.
baijuxavior

There was one more problem.
Shutdown Timer doesn't switch off the computer and simply throws out on a desktop

Thanks
(2014-03-17, 09:00)baijuxavior Wrote: Can you explain your problem with additional programs?. I can't understand what you are trying to say.

I set it up so utorrent is launched with XBMC.
But it is launched in foreground while XBMC is in background.

Is it explained better ? Need a screenshot ?
(2014-03-17, 11:51)RussakHH Wrote: baijuxavior

There was one more problem.
Shutdown Timer doesn't switch off the computer and simply throws out on a desktop

Thanks

I didn't test the timer shutdown part because I didn't modify the code for it in C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p\DialogButtonMenu.xml. Please change xbmc setting > system > power saving > Shutdown function to 'Shutdown'. It is 'Quit' by default.

(2014-03-17, 15:21)bobby8921 Wrote:
(2014-03-17, 09:00)baijuxavior Wrote: Can you explain your problem with additional programs?. I can't understand what you are trying to say.

I set it up so utorrent is launched with XBMC.
But it is launched in foreground while XBMC is in background.

Is it explained better ? Need a screenshot ?

If you have disabled the setting 'First group Apps prevent xbmc focus', xbmc will focus after the delay time. I will test the possibility of adding command line argument to the program later so that you can add the argument /HIDE or /MINIMIZE to utorrent.
I didn't think to add a delay time to XBMC launch.
I will add few secs and test it Wink
baijuxavior

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinCoolCoolCool

Thanks everything turned out and cool works, good luck to you!!!
Has anyone been able to successfully launch xbmc on start with Windows 8.1 and have explorer running in the background? I have my shell set to XBMCLauncher and explorer set to start as an external app, but explorer steals focus from XBMC on boot. My Focus delay is set to the default 10 seconds and doesn't seem to do anything about it?
^^ This is a problem with the satrt UI, xbmc can't focus over the start screen. I will add an option to hide the start screen so that xbmc can get the focus.
Hi,

I saw this wonderfull tool and i installed it. Then i have some finding i wanted to ask/share.

Well the tool is really great, but i am missing some very important things.
So, when i start XBMCLauncher as shell, i need a VPN Connected first. So what i want is that before xbmc has launched, the vpn connection is connected.

When i was searching for the source code, i could only find the source code of the GUI. but not from the launcher itself.
So, my question is, can you put that on github also? or is the source of that the one i can find here:

xbmc-wol-launcher-for-windows

this one is on svn

or can you make some code in it for vpn?!

best regards,

Fandy
(2014-03-20, 14:15)Fandy69 Wrote: Hi,

I saw this wonderfull tool and i installed it. Then i have some finding i wanted to ask/share.

Well the tool is really great, but i am missing some very important things.
So, when i start XBMCLauncher as shell, i need a VPN Connected first. So what i want is that before xbmc has launched, the vpn connection is connected.

When i was searching for the source code, i could only find the source code of the GUI. but not from the launcher itself.
So, my question is, can you put that on github also? or is the source of that the one i can find here:

xbmc-wol-launcher-for-windows

this one is on svn

or can you make some code in it for vpn?!

best regards,

Fandy

Full source code is available in github. The launcher code is in XBMCLauncher.ahk under Script Files. Sorry, I don't have experience with VPN or WOL.
(2014-03-18, 14:33)baijuxavior Wrote: ^^ This is a problem with the satrt UI, xbmc can't focus over the start screen. I will add an option to hide the start screen so that xbmc can get the focus.

Excellent, thanks! Would be great to have explorer launching at boot with xbmc so i can alt-tab out to other processes immediately after boot.
(2014-03-22, 07:56)touser Wrote: Excellent, thanks! Would be great to have explorer launching at boot with xbmc so i can alt-tab out to other processes immediately after boot.

+1 on this Smile
I will Admit that I didn't read through all of the post so I apologize in advance if this already has been answered .
I have a couple of questions

I was using XBMC on Linux which worked great I liked being able to press the power button and my system would sleep or hibernate ( not sue which it was doing lol) but my Gaming system messed up and I had to install windows 8.1 so that I could play my Windows games .

the main problem is that when I press the power button it turns off is my monitor and I can still hear the fans running and my keyboard and mouse stay lit up.

I don't want XBMC ( at this time) to load as soon as I boot into win8.1 but I do like the idea of XBMC closing explorer when xbmc s running.
the thing is that I am usually downloading something using utorrent in the back ground and need utorrent and a web browser running while XBMC is running is this possible?

the other question is that after I get my Gaming PC up and running again can I change the settings so that XBMC does boot up and close explorer on system boot and have both my web browser and utorrent running in the back ground??
(2014-04-03, 23:08)Shadowmeph Wrote: I don't want XBMC ( at this time) to load as soon as I boot into win8.1 but I do like the idea of XBMC closing explorer when xbmc s running.
the thing is that I am usually downloading something using utorrent in the back ground and need utorrent and a web browser running while XBMC is running is this possible?

xbmclauncher will not close explorer if explorer has been started already. You have to set the launcher as shell if you don't want explorer.

Quote:the other question is that after I get my Gaming PC up and running again can I change the settings so that XBMC does boot up and close explorer on system boot and have both my web browser and utorrent running in the back ground??

This is possible. You can add utorrent and the browser as additional applications to start at system boot.
ok thank you will give this a go Smile
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more20