Android XBMC-PVR android port
(2012-09-29, 21:57)Martijn Wrote: Can your read?
(2012-08-13, 00:42)davilla Wrote: attempting anything under pvr on android is a waste of time until general hw decoding gets worked out.

Why is that? I was under the impression that hw decoding is working on the pivos?
I just saw LIVETV on my galaxy SIII with XBMC and tvheadend, and it works NICE!!!!
@jeffbaier
HW decoding is working on Pivos and only Pivos (or boxes with the same chip) for now, because devs had access to the HW and low level stuff there. A generic HW accelleration is not yet running on Android, but IIRC ICS or JellyBean added a nice API to access HW accelleration, so if devs get such a Android device it should be just a matter of time to get it working for this Android version (no promises though - I'm no dev so I only can guess).

But if you have quad-core ARM device it might be able to even decode 1080p in software (heard that odroid-x can do, so should the Galaxy S3).
(2012-10-25, 22:26)da-anda Wrote: @jeffbaier
HW decoding is working on Pivos and only Pivos (or boxes with the same chip) for now, because devs had access to the HW and low level stuff there. A generic HW accelleration is not yet running on Android, but IIRC ICS or JellyBean added a nice API to access HW accelleration.

But if you have quad-core ARM device it might be able to even decode 1080p in software (heard that odroid-x can do, so should the Galaxy S3).

Ah, thanks for the info. But, I do have a Pivos (and an S3), so I feel like getting PVR running on Android is very relevant. Martijn and davilla don't need to be jerks with blanket statements that running on Android is a waste of time.

I know a lot of people went out and bought Pivos devices after the announcement. I'm sure quite a few of them are trying to get PVR working.
Like I said 2 posts ago, it does work on my s3, so no need to speculate (pvr, not hw accel
(2012-10-25, 22:31)jeffbaier Wrote:
(2012-10-25, 22:26)da-anda Wrote: @jeffbaier
HW decoding is working on Pivos and only Pivos (or boxes with the same chip) for now, because devs had access to the HW and low level stuff there. A generic HW accelleration is not yet running on Android, but IIRC ICS or JellyBean added a nice API to access HW accelleration.

Ah, thanks for the info. But, I do have a Pivos (and an S3), so I feel like getting PVR running on Android is very relevant. Martijn and davilla don't need to be jerks with blanket statements that running on Android is a waste of time.

I know a lot of people went out and bought Pivos devices after the announcement. I'm sure quite a few of them are trying to get PVR working.

it should work with hw decoding on a pivos box (don't ask me for specifics, don't have one) and it will work with software decoding on the rest
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
Does each PVR addon need to be compiled specially for Android, or would a linux compiled addon work?
It has to be compiled for android... but a zip file can contain libraries for different platforms.
I tried to compile the xvdr-addon for xbmc on android.
compilation of the xbmc works...
Installation from zip file and configuration works fine...
but after activation of "LIVE-TV" the addon crashes...

@salora: Did you use xvdr? Where did you download the zip file?

@all:
- Is there a android-version of the xvdr-addon which can be downloaded?
- Does anyone have a guess what's my fault?

I did the following steps:
1. I cloned pipelkas xvdr addon to the directory /addons...
2. sh autogen.sh
3. ./configure --target=arm-linux-androideabi --host=arm-linux-androideabi
4. make
5. I zipped the .pvr file...

any Ideas?
Hi, I want to build pvr-addons for android but i am having some problems. Is necesary using Crystax NDK ? Can anyone show me an example of the ./configure command?

Thank for your attention and work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC-PVR android port1