Complete "HTPC/XBMC For Dummies" guide
I agree in part that the Kodi wiki is one of the most confusing and frustrating that I have ever used, this is because ALL wikis that I have ever tried to use are confusing and frustrating. I believe that this is because most are intended to describe the structure and functionality of the program or system in question, not to answer specific questions or teach the novice how to use the what you have created. I actually found this thread because I grew so frustrated trying to find out how to play a .pls file saved to my desktop that I Googled "xbmc worst wiki I have ever used " lol . I had Googled "how to play a pls file xbmc" and found: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Int...io_streams
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Playlists. I read them and still have no idea of how to play the file. I think I could have read the entire wiki and still not found information in the form of ; Open X on the ribbon menu select Y then Z browse or enter the path to the .pls file you want to play select it click ok. This is the format of information that inexperienced users would find most useful. An operators manual instead of, or in addition to a technical manual.
Click ok once you have the file highlighted in xbmc. Simple?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That is my problem I do not know how to find the file from within Kodi. I moved the file from Desktop to the file where my movies are, but it does not appear just the movies.
I assume you mean the directory where your movies are?

Are you looking in file view or library view? It won't show in library view unless itis correctly named and scraped into the library database.

But it should be visible by going into files view.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Try from Videos -> Files

This will work for either video or audio-only files.

I tried cleaning up the description on the wiki a bit. The stream page does need a bit of love to make it more clear that you can just drop .m3u and .pls files into XBMC/Kodi (and maybe some additional playlists that haven't been documented yet).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Complete "HTPC/XBMC For Dummies" guide0