• 26(current)
Pivos Xios DS
(2013-01-10, 21:39)bry- Wrote:
(2013-01-10, 20:51)DUDENOOB Wrote: but in xbmc i cant connect to any of the apps..navix, icefilms, 1channel
it all say "cant connect to url"

Not to be discussed on this forum.

Sorry man
Won't happen again
(2013-01-10, 22:22)zebraitis Wrote:
(2013-01-10, 20:51)DUDENOOB Wrote: any help would greatly be appreciated as my g/f is starting to get on my case about having tv to watch instead...

Here is my suggestion:

- Android is a great operating system. I have it on my phone, as it allows me to do nearly all I can on a PC. But, with that expanded flexibility comes complexity.

Now, for XBMC, I go all the way back to the XBOX days. While the XBOX Gen1 was a nice gaming platform, the only real thing that I used it for was XBMC.

Now, I told you all that, to say this: Dump android, download a Linux nightly from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qfsqqow67m8hawp/f4vOpoVCKO , and re-flash that bad boy.

Sure, you loose android "play" and the apps there... but did you buy that box for XBMC, or to try to make it an underpowered PC... or a phone without calling?

Linux makes it easy, XBMC in Linux makes it great.

Re-flash it, start over, and some of your preferred applications within XBMC will likely work great.

Finally, ixnay on the iratedpay ediamay... Angel

XBMC is a platform for playing your legitimately owned media. The folks that moderate the boards do not take well to discussing third party apps that are copyright questionable.

So, reload with linux, make sure that it work well using this forum or http://www.pivosforums.com/viewforum.php?f=25 ... and go to the forums that then support those third party apps... there, they will provide assistance.

but not here.

Cool

Lol...thanks man
And sorry about the other talk, I'm a huge noob n thought all was ok
I'm so confused on this crap tho, should I sill go woth the linux seeing as there's a new ver. of android apk (forgive me if my lingo is wrong, I feel like bambi trying to learn to walk...lol) aswell as a new xbmc buildHuh

I saw the firmwares on pivos page n am lookin for videos on how to flash as I am lost...lol
I haven't used this bix I havent along time and I dont want to give up cuz I see on here u guys are doing all u can to help get things going

I'm hoping these new updates will help a bit more with the device

Thanks again guys
*fingers crossed*

Oh and how do I play things from my library through the xios...I feel this is a whole new game for me..I may be getting over my head
do I need a msd card and if so what for

signed
young grasshopper
Did anyone try to fresh this box with mygica firmware?
I would greatly apreciate if someone could test the following video with an updated linux build.

I'm experiencing an issue with few Amlogic devices (on Android and Linux) and would like to know if this is fixed on recent linux build for the Pivos Xios DS.
The issue is that static items in interlaced videos are "shaking", in the attached video this behaviour visible with the logo.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6902...%202-3.mkv
Hi All

I have been using XBMC for more than 2 years happily....

What I had was a HP ENVY15 laptop which supported 1080 p and also its HDMI output was connected to my Home Theater so I could have 5+1 channel (if my video files supported that).
I have a usb hub which 8 extra HD been connected to it and this was also connected to my laptop

I also have a PC which is old and I am using it just for DL files but it is also connected to my homw network via Ethernet and through my Router it talke to my laptop and finally I had XBMC installed on this laptop and all media files from all HD s and that PC were managed beautifully and played nicely by my laptop , oh I have 60" 8+ series Samsung plasma...

Normally I dl high quality large MKV files (10-15 GB) with hight bit rate and 5+1 (DTS) audio support

unfortunately my laptop stopped working since last week and I think it's motherboard is fired .

now I need to find a replacement to this laptop as all my Media network is not working anymore ...

I wanted to get a PC or HTPC with a good graphic cards...but cant be found below $500.00
anyone has any suggestion for what I explained above as I tested one of my friend's cheap Android TV , it was slow for playing my large HQ files and also we couldn't get 5+1 channel Audio out of it...

what I need is a system with XBMC installed and be able to play all my files from my different part of network smoothly with 5+ 1 audio , I don't need anything more than that...

any suggestion would be great

Mohsen
Read through the thread quickly but didn't see an answer (or missed it). Thinking of getting one of these so:

Q: I use a https source. Has anyone tried that, everything works?

Just want to be sure.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DS2