Combine Quit then Standby?
I am hoping that there might be a way of sending a QUIT then STANDBY/SLEEP command, from within XBMC, whether that by by keymapping or any other method that might be available.
I can see the various options for calling PowerDown, Quit etc, but want I am trying to do is, when I press a button on my remote (which currently sends a CTRL + Q keystroke which I have configured to currently QUIT XBMC), I really want it to quit the XBMC instance then immediately go into standby mode, so when my HTPC resumes from Standby it's essentially sitting there in Windows, rather than being back in XBMC.

Is there a way of achieving this?
It seems to me that you could build a simple .bat or .cmd file that launches XBMC, and then upon termination of that process (your Quit) puts the computer into Standby. Try one of the following commands as a follow-up.

Shutdown %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s

Reboot %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r

Logoff %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -l

Standby %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Standby

Hibernate %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Hibernate
Thanks for the suggestion brandonw.

How would I invoke, for example, the Standby batch file upon exiting/quitting XBMC though? That's my main dilemma here; how to trigger the actual Standby event/batch file automatically, immediately upon XBMC quitting (i.e. some sort of event handler listening out for the 'quit' of XBMC)? Any further suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
eventghost would do what you want. You can set eventghost to watch for "xbmc terminate" event and have it fire a standby command.

I am doing something different. My power button on my remote puts the computer in standby. When I wake it up, it's already in xbmc, which is what I want. But every once in a while, after afew cycles, the animations get laggy. So I set it up so that every time the computer wakes up from a standby, eventghost closes xbmc, waits for the "xbmc terminated" event, and then restarts it. By the time my tv comes on (takes about 8-9 seconds) xbmc is already refreshed and open.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combine Quit then Standby?0