DIY Ambilight Clone Help
Hello there,

in the past few weeks I was wondering what it would take to apply a ambilight-setup to my HTPC-system which is connected to my large TV-Screen (50 inch). The main problem for me seems to be the soldering. I have a fairly shaky hands and can't really solder well enough (I tested it Wink ) to do this on my own.
Now I found that someone is selling the necessary equipment at around 150€ (or US-$181) including the LED-stripes, the control-unit, the power-supply, etc. - i.e. fully featured. Would you consider this a fair price or do you have alternative which wouldn't require me to solder anything together?

Also - is there anything you can recommend for the screen-size (i.e. how many channels one would use, etc.)?
Does this work flawless with XBMC (for Windows)?

Any help is appreciated, I am really running on new territory here.

Thanks,
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

If i consider that my components cost me about 35Euro the price is way to high. But on the other hand - if you are not able to solder yourself and don't know anyone who can do it - you are pretty much on your own i guess Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Well - thanks for your answer. I suspected something in this direction.
Seems like I have to consider soldering after all, will have to learn to keep my hands steady then Wink
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DIY Ambilight Clone Help0