Acer Aspire L5100 HDMI No Signal
Hi I am a complete noob with the windows version of XBMC having always stuck with the trusty XBOX. But now I have installed the Windows version on an old Aspire L500 desktop machine I am having a weird problem.
I can play movies just fine but randomly when I either stop the movie or it ends the screen goes blank and I get no signal appear on my tv. There seems no rhyme or reason to this it is completely random affecting all extension types.
I have tried using both the windows gfx driver and the catalyst driver from amd with the same results.

This problem only occurs with XBMC and the same movie will play just fine in WMP and when the film ends I dont get "no signal"

All I can do when this happens is to power cycle the box which cannot be good for the hdd.

My setup is Acer Aspire l5100 amd 4200 cpu 2gb ram ati x1200 gfx Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium connected via HDMI to my 50" LG Plasma
Plz turn on debug logging.
Recreate the problem so the error will be in the log.
Post the log on pastebin
And post the link to the log here.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
OK will do but first I am going to try installing Vista having looked around I see there are problems with the 7 drivers for the gfx chipset this machine uses. I will reply once I have checked on Vista
OK found the solution. It seems the Windows 7 drivers are defective. If you install the Vista chipset drivers from ACER XBMC works perfectly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Aspire L5100 HDMI No Signal0