OS X Mountain Lion
(2012-07-27, 12:15)pecinko Wrote:
(2012-07-27, 11:48)toiva Wrote: Not so sure about the first 2 points anymore. Last night i couldn't wake the Mini from sleep using remote, the led was burning bright but i had to press a keyboard button to wake the display. So this bug was inherited from Lion as well.

I'm afraid Apple has changed mouse and remote behavior (starting from Lion) to "do not wake up", so I actually think it's a bug that you have waken up ML with your remote Smile

I've read all the complaints about Lion not waking up via remote. I haven't tested Lion very thoroughly but i was able to wake it via Harmony many many times. Also Mountain Lion have been resumed atleast 20-30 now without any issues, only once it has failed to wake up.

I've installed Candelair to see if it stops iTunes launching when pressing play and OSX taking over up and down arrows.

I know that there's a patch for iTunes to prevent it from being it launched but the patch does not seem to be compatible with ML.

I've also seen the tip about Sleepwatcher killing and restarting the XBMChelper after resume but that's a bit hackish, hopefully the Candelair will help.
I have updated, and I don't really use XBMC much, but thought I would open it to see if it worked. It just keeps crashing every time I try to open it. I would not say that it works right on Mountain Lion. It could be something else on my computer too. Not really sure. I'm gonna keep on troubleshooting!
Its something on your computer for sure. Post the crashlog and xbmc.log. Or if you don't want to - move away your /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata folder and try with clean settings.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-07-29, 20:16)toiva Wrote: I've installed Candelair to see if it stops iTunes launching when pressing play and OSX taking over up and down arrows.

Toiva, how did this work out for you? This looks to be the only issue that would keep me from upgrading to ML....

BTW, how is everyone else dealing with this volume issue? How can you change the XBMC volume if not with the remote?
5 year XBMC user on iMac OS X
(2012-07-31, 09:19)asiajason Wrote:
(2012-07-29, 20:16)toiva Wrote: I've installed Candelair to see if it stops iTunes launching when pressing play and OSX taking over up and down arrows.

Toiva, how did this work out for you? This looks to be the only issue that would keep me from upgrading to ML....

BTW, how is everyone else dealing with this volume issue? How can you change the XBMC volume if not with the remote?

For the short time that i used Candelair iTunes didn't start or take over remote control. Mac was suspended and resumed several times.

Last night i had problems for the second time waking up the machine from suspend, the screen would not come up even after hitting a key on a keyboard. Supposedly using Remote Buddy fixes this stupid behaviour but i'm not paying for something that i don't need.

Using Snow Leopard at the moment.
Is the disappearing mouse cursus problem fixed? (mouse cursor always vanishes when I quit XBMC after running it for a while).
I've never seen that on Lion or Mountain Lion.
(2012-08-02, 20:00)lapino Wrote: Is the disappearing mouse cursus problem fixed? (mouse cursor always vanishes when I quit XBMC after running it for a while).

I found a simple click brings it back.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Exclamation 
(2012-07-29, 18:18)DerCommodore Wrote: Video is working perfectly with me.
BUT
I don't have audio at ALL:

It tells me: "failed to initialize audio device. Check your audio settings".

Anything new on that topic?
I did a fresh new install with all the nightly builds - all of them don't even start! Only XBMC Eden starts properly...
please help
(2012-08-12, 00:03)DerCommodore Wrote:
(2012-07-29, 18:18)DerCommodore Wrote: Video is working perfectly with me.
BUT
I don't have audio at ALL:

It tells me: "failed to initialize audio device. Check your audio settings".

Anything new on that topic?
I did a fresh new install with all the nightly builds - all of them don't even start! Only XBMC Eden starts properly...
please help

I loaded the nightly from the 17th and it was stable the best one so far for ML. The app started and stopped without issues like many of the other versions. I was able to play a video all the way to the end without a crash so you may want to try that release.
The audio on my laptop (which doesn't run XBMC) was jacked up when I upgraded to Mountain Lion. Resetting the PRAM (reboot and hold Command+Option+P+R) fixed it.

No problems with Mountain Lion/XBMC on my Mini.
Hey thanks I just did that - nothing changes still have no audio on Digital Optical Out (Line Out is by the way working perfectly)
And if I set VLC to Output via Digital Optical Out it is also working perfectly ...

@macomeau: Is your Mac Mini connected via Digital Optical Out?

But really thanks for your input I'm really happy about all these inputs.

I opened a new thread on that particular issue:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138638
Nope, HDMI for video and audio.
(2012-08-19, 23:28)macomeau Wrote: Nope, HDMI for video and audio.

Right so it seems to be a problem especially with Digital Optical Out in OS X ... - thanks for confirming that.
Can someone else confirm that problem?
(2012-08-19, 23:30)DerCommodore Wrote:
(2012-08-19, 23:28)macomeau Wrote: Nope, HDMI for video and audio.

Right so it seems to be a problem especially with Digital Optical Out in OS X ... - thanks for confirming that.
Can someone else confirm that problem?

Confirmed. Using HDMI for video and Optical out for audio. Using ML + XBMC 11.0 (Eden). Every time I play something (usually an x264 .mkv with 720p content and 5.1 sound), it works fine the first time after starting XBMC. Next thing I play, I get "Failed to initialize audio...". I have found, however, that simply quitting and restarting XBMC gives me sound back, but only once. So I am now forced to restart XBMC every time I want to watch something. Pretty annoying.

//DM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mountain Lion0