New to XBMC Hardware
So I'm finally looking to part ways with my Boxee Box and looking to build/buy pre made xbmc set for my TV but I am pretty lost with all the information so I was wondering if someone could help me out.

Reading through the thread I'd say I am a:

Group #6
* HDTV possess HDMI ports
* wants to play SD movies (DivX, XviD)
* wants to play DVD movies
* wants to play 720P movies
* wants to play 1080P movies
* wants to stream 1080P Hulu content
* wants to stream 1080P Netflix movies (Windows only)
* wants to Bistream HD-Audio

Best Served By?
* eSkRo's Builds (Make Sure to Read the Q&A)
* Zotac ZBOXNANO-AD10-U
* Zotac ZBOX-AD02-U
* Zotac ZBOX-AD03BR-U
* Zotac ZBOXNSX-AD11-PLUS-U
* Zotac ZBOX-AD04-U
* Zotac ZBOX Blu-ray AD05
* Foxconn NTA350-0H0W-B-A-NA
* Jetway HBJC200C85-350-B

I would be leaning to any of those pre made builds, only deterrent being price point but I figure you get what you pay for.
However I was wondering if the Visio CoStar had any worth in this mix?

Networking Specs:
WiFi
Yes, 802.11n/g/b
Ethernet
10/100Mbps
Bluetooth® Yes
Network Multimedia
PlayPoint™ app lets you access media on DLNA-enabled network devices
Video Resolution Supported
720p, 1080i, 1080p
3D Support Yes
Video Playback H.264, MP4, MKV
TV Compatibility Any high-definition TV with HDMI port

The only thing about it that confuses me is the Network Multimedia. Does this mean with the Visio I will not be able to play movies from my Network Hard Drive (DLINK DNS323)?
If you use XBMC as your front end,..it won't matter.
So should I wait out until XBMC becomes more stable on Android devices for an easier to setup / more first timer friendly experience?
Hello,

I have Zbox AD10 and HD-ID11

It seems to me that the 2 Zbox can do all you want
..But I cannot tell anything about 3D and I don't know what is "stream 1080P Hulu content"

Note 1: The Zbox are all Ethernet 1Gbit
Note 2 : The ID11 is not very fluid when playing high bitrate 1080p HD videos (no problem with AD10)
Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
Can you even use XBMC on a Google TV appliance (Vizio CoStar is a Google TV appliance)?
I had misread a couple of pages while searching. Apparently it's 'on it's way' but not yet supported. That was my mistake, but the prospect of it almost makes me want to wait for it.
(2012-07-25, 16:37)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Can you even use XBMC on a Google TV appliance (Vizio CoStar is a Google TV appliance)?
Not tested because Google TV will arrive in France in Sept 2012

http://www.01net.com/editorial/562942/la...en-france/

Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
(2012-07-25, 17:16)Jean-Max Wrote:
(2012-07-25, 16:37)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Can you even use XBMC on a Google TV appliance (Vizio CoStar is a Google TV appliance)?
Not tested because Google TV will arrive in France in Sept 2012

http://www.01net.com/editorial/562942/la...en-france/

That Sony unit looks nice. The one with the integrated blu-ray looks interesting.

I can't even tell you how depressed I am Le Tour is already finished. I am happy for Wiggo though and Thomas Voeckler for winning the polka-dot jersey.
(2012-07-25, 17:52)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I can't even tell you how depressed I am Le Tour is already finished. I am happy for Wiggo though and Thomas Voeckler for winning the polka-dot jersey.
2012 will be the England year :
- First victory in "Tour de France" (from the first Tour in....1903 ..) for an English guy
+
- Summer Olympic games organization !

Personal note : I was in London (for study) during Foot-Ball wold cup of July 1966 (England beat West Germany 4–2) and I will always remember the "WWW" big titles on each news-paper cover ! (= We Will Win)
Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
(2012-07-25, 18:26)Jean-Max Wrote:
(2012-07-25, 17:52)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I can't even tell you how depressed I am Le Tour is already finished. I am happy for Wiggo though and Thomas Voeckler for winning the polka-dot jersey.
2012 will be the England year :
- First victory in "Tour de France" (from the first Tour in....1903 ..) for an English guy
+
- Summer Olympic games organization !

Personal note : I was in London (for study) during Foot-Ball wold cup of July 1966 (England beat West Germany 4–2) and I will always remember the "WWW" big titles on each news-paper cover ! (= We Will Win)

My money is on Wiggo for the time-trial. He crushed it. It was fun to watch on my HTPC Smile. I'd love to ride a setup like on of those guys has.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to XBMC Hardware0