Cannot get XBMC to install on MSI E350IA-E45
As title, im trying to install XBMCbuntu v11 'Eden' on this system:

MSI E350IA-E45
Crucial 64gb SSD
2gb Corsair ram

But it wont install AT ALL, because it fails to find the hard drive Huh

It gets to the part of the install where its asking which drive to install to/format, and non are available in the list, if I press next it obviously errors and says no drives are available.

Iv tried switching from acpi to ide mode in the bios, and tried disabling random combinations of options by hitting F6 on install - but NOTHING, it just wont 'see' the drive, iv tried hooking up another drive and still the same.

However, when I put a windows 7 installer on, finds the drives no problem at all and installs Angry

So currently im running windows 7 with window xbmc on it...obviously this is not my preferred option, it takes a while to boot and get the annoying minimize window on launch of xbmc which just isnt professional.

ANY HELP is appreciated, I don't understand why it wont install.

PS: I tried installing straight normal ubuntu on the system, this also has the same problem of not seeing any drives - is it a linux kernal thing ? HELP~!
I have almost the same configuration with 4GB RAM. First time I tried to install XBMCbuntu I had the exact problem. I discovered that I had the SSD plugged into SATA Port 4. Once I moved it onto SATA Port 1 the XBMCbuntu install found the drive no problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot get XBMC to install on MSI E350IA-E450