3D Movies Indicators
Hello,

Would he not interesting to add fields to indicate whether the video file is in 3D, and what kind of 3D it is (SBS, TD, ...)?

Thank you for sharing your opinion.
As of now its possible to name the file with 3dbd and then xbmc will recognize it as 3D. AEON skin also recognize and label it as 3D at the library mode.

We also need a 3D interface and a .srt to .ass / .idx subtitle converter within xbmc

What is the most pressing feature for 3D movies is to have XBMC sending a signal to the tv to automatically switch to SBS when playing a SBS 3D movie. And afterwards switching back to 2D mode.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Thank you for your answers.
I tried to add 3ddb on behalf of my file and the name of my folders (each film is in its own folder), however it does not work, even used the Eon Skin.
For information, I use XBMC Frodo Alpha 3 on Windows 7 x64, and a MySQL database and movies shared on a Synology Diskstation.
I am always interested in another idea ...
(2012-07-28, 10:25)Bulgroz Wrote: I tried to add 3ddb on behalf of my file and the name of my folders (each film is in its own folder), however it does not work, even used the Eon Skin.

It's 3dbd, not 3ddb

This is how its looks with 3dbd. The image is taken from another post
http://i44.tinypic.com/73pkxe.jpg
(2012-07-28, 05:06)ozp1 Wrote: As of now its possible to name the file with 3dbd and then xbmc will recognize it as 3D. AEON skin also recognize and label it as 3D at the library mode.

Any idea whether "3DBD" will need to be in the file name, folder name or movie name? I assume it is folder name?

Also, do you know who implemented this and may be able to help me with the other request above (switching tv to SBS automatically)?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
OK,
I did various tests.
To be sure it works according to the skins, add ".3DBD" at the end of the filename, just before the extension AND also at the end of the folder name (if you use one folder per movie).
This causes the display of the same jacket as the sagas ...
This reinforces my idea that 3D movies should be better taken into account in XBMC, and not only rely on a function related to skins.

Thank you for your help. Wink
When trying to update the movies, it does not always work ... I don't know why, but some jackets remain Blu-Ray and are not changed in Blu-Ray 3D.
I confirm that it is necessary to add management features for 3D video. This really is not reliable to do this only by the skins, the result is just too random.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D Movies Indicators0