Sony Internet player w/ Google TV Review + Chance for use of xbmc beta app?
Hey guys
Doing some plugging here for me own self and Sony.
Sony gave me a Sony internet Player + Google TV to try out, its awesome. I love it.
And I own a Acer Aspire Revo, and I find I'm using this more than the HTPC!!
Check out my Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNfcOVOMEnk

ANYWAYS, I'm intreged to wonder if one else owns one + is wanting some form of access to the xbmc beta on their google boxes.
The only alternative is GTVbox, and I don't know if I want to get used to it haha.
The Sony player should have very good video playback - it uses Marvell's top of the line SoC (the Armada 1500).
One important question for me - can it play back high quality video files from network shares e.g. Windows SMB of Linux NFS?
I have my Blu-rays ripped to MKVs and woud like to move on from my nVidia ION PC.
Thanks.
I just got a Sony Internet Player myself. I'd be extremely interested in a form of xbmc beta for it.
Can you get the cool remote to work with XBMC ?
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
I too would love to see support for this device. I got it at a great price and that's the only thing this little piece of kit is missing.

I tried Plex out, but it's not quite the same
Can it bit-stream dts hd and dolby truehd?
As of now, little chance of Google TV running XBMC due to a lack of Android NDK. Even if Google releases the NDK, it may be only for second-gen Google TV devices.

I bought a first-gen Sony Google TV last year, hoping it'd run XBMC one day. I'll probably sell it and get a standalone Android set-top (like Pivos or Ouya).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Internet player w/ Google TV Review + Chance for use of xbmc beta app?0