OUYA Android Gaming Console
Hello Everyone;

I am new on XBMC forums but am not new to XMBC and currently have it on many devices through out my home. When Android gets XBMC it's a very exciting time for myself, as I already own many droid devices and will have more coming in between now and Xmas. So to get to my point, because Android will now have a fully functional XBMC, is there any chance the XBMC developers would be willing to port this app over to OUYA.

For those that don't know under the hood Ouya is a soon to be released Android gaming console (March 2013 release window), that uses cell technology with their own custom storefront dash. How it will work with Android is not exactly known (for example we do not know if we can use current droid APKs on the OUYA) However the system will be fully supported and open. Meaning you can hardware and software mod this unit and it will NOT void your warranty. Below is a link to their kickstarter campaign and for $100 you can have the system delivered in march. Early access to the SDK (Dec. 2012) will cost over $600. If this is something not only developers of XBMC but fans of technology take interest in, as this is a cheap tinkering toy for modders, than please click the link below and post your comments to let everyone know what you think. Thank you all, have a good day.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya...me-console
Lots of posts about this already, but the basic gist is that as long as the Ouya can load standard Android apps, XBMC should "just work" on it. If Ouya wants to donate a unit to our devs, I'm sure they would be happy to look at it.
Ouya has already confirmed that current android APKs will not work so long as consumers do not root the console, but if they do they will not be able to access Ouya's store front. (Personally for myself I'd just dual boot into Ouya and Droid), but for those that don't know how, it' would be nice that normal consumers can get a supported Ouya - XBMC since there should be no change of the code, just add-on's from Ouya.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya...me-console

This would be an awesome platform to support for XBMC - Android

Specifications:

Tegra3 quad-core processor
1GB RAM
8GB of internal flash storage
HDMI connection to the TV, with support for up to 1080p HD
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth LE 4.0
USB 2.0 (one)
Wireless controller with standard controls (two analog sticks, d-pad, eight action buttons, a system button), a touchpad
Android 4.0
ETHERNET!
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/x...ng-to-ouya

!!! I look forward to hearing more about this, as of this morning I read this news and became a backer of the ouya. I'm glad that they teams are communicating and I hope this is an awesome platform for XBMC!
I am really excited for this, and similar devices. I was on the hunt for a budget PC, not really having much luck, so maybe I will just wait for the XBMC android app to mature, and switch to one of these devices.
this device sounds great. if it learns cec and bitstream i will love it.
I also want CEC. Posted on their kickstarter page. Maybe if enough people ask we will get

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA Android Gaming Console0