pproblems with rom collection browser and epsxe
i dont know f this is the best place to put this but here goes.

im using xbmc 11.0 on windows 7. my pc has two partitions, one for os and programs, the other for media and additional programs (portable apps and things that win7 wont allow access to the program files folder)
epsxe is located D:/more program files/emulators/playstation one/epsxe.exe
the bios are located at D:/more program files/emulators/playstation one/bios/PSX - SCPH1001.BIN

ive setup all my epsxe settings, bios, plugins, controller, etc. and verified it works by launching a game from within epsxe.
ive setup and scraped everything into rom collection browser. i go to launch a game and i get a command window and the epsxe window, but the game does not start.
i go under file>launch iso... and i am greeted with an error message asking me to setup the bios.
i go under config>wizard guide... and i click "config>" and i get another error saying that the bios were not found. and they do not show up in the window as theyre did when i launched the program and did all this from within explorer.

i verified im launching the correct epsxe.exe file. i tried using the params that advanced launcher uses for epsxe ( -nogui -loadiso %ROM% ) and still no luck. using the -nogui switch just results in a blank screen until i alt+f4

HeLp!!
(2012-07-27, 22:08)opinionatedrone Wrote: i verified im launching the correct epsxe.exe file. i tried using the params that advanced launcher uses for epsxe ( -nogui -loadiso %ROM% ) and still no luck. using the -nogui switch just results in a blank screen until i alt+f4

HeLp!!

I have a setup similar to the one you are doing, including epsxe. I am not near the computer where I have all that set up (sorry) but i do remember that when setting it for the first time, basically none of the parameters would work

Ah crap, after realising I'm not near the PC with this stuff on it, so I can't tell you how I got it to work eventually, I tried to delete this post but the forum says I don't have permission. So here we are.
The ROM collection browser ended up just being a huge hassle for me so I switched to Advanced Launcher which worked first time.
Another problem you may run into is that epsxe may not quit properly from Advanced Launcher or ROM collection browser. You could end up with hundreds and hundreds of epsxe.exe running. It's a bug in epsxe itself rather than XBMC or the addons but it appears more often with the addons just because it's much easier to casually load a game, play it for a minute or two then exit back to XBMC. There is a very specific and lame way that you need to quit epsxe which you I suggest you look up (because I've forgotten). I'm sure good ol' Alt+F4 isn't good enough to quit the thing though.
Sorry I couldn't be more help to your specific problem, but like I said I tried to delete my post when I realised I had zero content but it didn't work.

Is it possible that ROM Collection Browser requires you to enter a working folder or "Start In" folder for epsxe or the roms just like you might have to do when running a batch script from Windows Task Scheduler?
im aware of the problem quitting epsxe (the process lingering)
I've switched back to advanced launcher for all my games, I just wish I could create a submenu for pc games instead of having them listed alphabetically along side my emulators.

thanks for at least trying to help. looks like rom collection browser is SOL
(2012-07-30, 15:36)opinionatedrone Wrote: im aware of the problem quitting epsxe (the process lingering)
I've switched back to advanced launcher for all my games, I just wish I could create a submenu for pc games instead of having them listed alphabetically along side my emulators.

thanks for at least trying to help. looks like rom collection browser is SOL
In advanced launcher you could manage pc games as games roms by using .lnk files instead of .exe files of the games. just create windows shortcuts of your games (.lnk files) and put them into the same folder. Then create a file launcher, using these .lnk files like roms. You will found additional information (wiki page and youtube video) into my signature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pproblems with rom collection browser and epsxe1