need guidance on scraping
I have used Media Companion to scrape a lot of my DVD movies, but now I am trying to get into BluRay and BluRay 3D scraping, and I can't seem to get media companion to pull the right artwork and information even if I put .bluray and .3d in the name structure. Media Companion seems to be overly complicated and doesn't flow very well from what I've used so far. I tried looking up Ember, but I couldn't even figure out where/how to download and install it. Why do these media managers/scrapers have to be so overly complicated? Isn't there any out there that are simple easy breezy to use? I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
ASUS EN8400GS SILENT/DI/1GD2(LP) Video Card
(2.0 card running in a x16 1.0 slot...older Gigabyte motherboard!)
Ultra Modular 600 Watt Power Supply
XBMC Frodo
So, help me understand - you are trying to scrape 3D-specific artwork? Is there a difference?

You can (depending on the skin) choose to show dvd cases that will differentiate 3D from non-3D sources by inserting ".3DBD." somewhere in the file name - like Avatar.3DBD.mkv. Is that what you are referring to?

As far as Ember, there really is no installation required. Just run the .exe from the folder that you extracted from the .zip (or .7z) and the program will fire up and run through its setup. You can then choose to add a shortcut wherever you'd like, or move the whole folder somewhere else.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks! I was naming my file along the lines of Rio.3d.bluray and only the BluRay symbol would show up in Aeon MQ3. I tried naming it Rio.3dBD, and sure enough it started displaying the 3D icon.
Now if only I could understand why the cases only seem to show up when scrolling through the movies in "file" mode as opposed to the Poster Art flow modes. The cases don't seem to appear in these modes, although it does display the BluRay and 3D icon at the bottom.

Windows XP 32 Bit
Athlon 4000+ 2.4 gig
3 gigs DDR RAM
ASUS EN8400GS SILENT/DI/1GD2(LP) Video Card
(2.0 card running in a x16 1.0 slot...older Gigabyte motherboard!)
Ultra Modular 600 Watt Power Supply
XBMC Frodo
(2012-07-29, 11:11)bgaviator Wrote: Now if only I could understand why the cases only seem to show up when scrolling through the movies in "file" mode as opposed to the Poster Art flow modes. The cases don't seem to appear in these modes, although it does display the BluRay and 3D icon at the bottom.

Only some viewtypes will take advantage of the DVD cases, not all. Again, it varies from skin-to-skin, but I imagine a viewtype called Poster Art would only show the posters, as the name implies. You'll have to just look around in each viewtype to find the ones that allow the DVD cases. I'm sure there are some in library mode that display it, but you may have to select an option or two.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need guidance on scraping0