[Windows] 4.1 Speakers Setup
Hi,

I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this but I couldn't find a better one, please move the thread accordingly.

I've been watching movies (at home) with only 2 speakers for ages but I now have a 4.1 setup to use but I'm not sure if it's properly configured. In the XBMC settings, it's easy, I just need to select 4.1 and that's it. My "problems" are in the Windows configuration.

During configuration I'm allowed to pick if 2 of my speakers are on the sides or rear and this where I'm not sure which one to pick. The speakers will be behind me but only for a few inches, the sofa is against the wall where the speakers will also be. So, technically, they are not aligned to my ears, they are basically on the sides.

So, should I pick side speakers or rear speakers in the Windows configuration? And more importantly, does this make any difference in my 4.1 setup?

I'm asking all this because right now I have them configured as rear speakers but most of the time they are too silent. I only notice sound output from them in noisy scenes but lots of scenes have background music and birds chirping but I don't notice them too much (unless I put my ears against the speakers, that's how I know there's sound coming out of them), that's why I'm wondering if I have a misconfiguration problem on my setup.
Have you tried using the sound mixer in Windows to increase the volume for the rear speakers?
I don't think it's possible to increase the volume just for the rear speakers... I'm not finding such option anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] 4.1 Speakers Setup0