PS3 Controller and Sixaxis
OK heres my problem, I have sucessfully been using my ps3 bluetooth remote for some time now without a problem using kitlaans ppa and bluez now I would like to use a ps3 sixaxis coontroller for my game emulators (just not the same with a remote LOL) - I have tried to use qtsixa (if anybody is familiar with this) without any joy I have managed to 'connect' the controller using putty and can almost connect the pad....by almost I mean when I press the ps button it flashes as though connecting but then automatically disconnects.Being quite new to using qtsixa i'm just wondering whether anybody has had any joy with this joypad and whether anybody can shed some light or any alternatives to connecting the ps3 pad without disrupting the ps3 remote controller
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
read this and this.

It's actually pretty simple:
  1. Install qtsixa
  2. Connect the controller to usb
  3. run sixpair to tell the controller who its bluetooth master is
  4. run sixad (use the -s switch for auto start once its working. When you close this terminal the controller will disconnect)
  5. sixad will provide feedback once it connects
  6. configure your controllers under /var/lib/sixad/profiles
(2012-07-29, 12:01)wellspokenman Wrote: read this and this.

It's actually pretty simple:
  1. Install qtsixa
  2. Connect the controller to usb
  3. run sixpair to tell the controller who its bluetooth master is
  4. run sixad (use the -s switch for auto start once its working. When you close this terminal the controller will disconnect)
  5. sixad will provide feedback once it connects
  6. configure your controllers under /var/lib/sixad/profiles

thanks for this will give it a go when im at home

ok using the line sixad--boot-yes command connects the controller when pressing the ps button
but all functionality of ps3 remote is lost on boot a possible conflict ...I shall attept to find a solution
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PS3 Controller and Sixaxis0